Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

D'Nim wades in, proving that Apothecaries do not take Hippocratic oaths.

He also seems to have reverted to a mix of sarcasm and scorn rather than just outright scorn.
That probably doesn't mean he's starting to like you. It probably means that he's a bit too occupied with other things to still manage to be as rude as normal.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

QuoteApothecaries do not take Hippocratic oaths.

I was pretty sure of this already, but it's nice to see a bit of abstract 40k darkness. Even their medics will kill you!

Anyway, Artos makes his first use of Demos' gift (again, much thanks Necris) and finds a sort of happiness.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Necris on April 29, 2010, 06:40:25 PM
Indeed

I'm going to have to think about this and maybe build on it
Of course, it's also the type of thing that can be left unexplained, then suddenly rear it's head again in a later chapter of this Deathwatch saga (in a similar way to the mechanicus outpost encountered in the Commissar Cain book Death or Glory).

In more pressing matters; Jopha has bought the squads some respite from the now effectively blocked aft approach - which is the end of the walkway to which I imagined squad Pontus was, with Demo, etc jumping down closer to the fore (note however that there are still a number of orks between the killer steam and squad Pontus).

And I'm sure Pontus will be angry at Jopha just jumping in an ordering a member of his squad, especially when he isn't even a sergeant.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 30, 2010, 07:50:47 PM
And I'm sure Pontus will be angry at Jopha just jumping in an ordering a member of his squad, especially when he isn't even a sergeant.
Pontus is at total liberty to be angry.

Demos is therefore at total liberty to deck Pontus for being a stuck-up moron.  ;D

MarcoSkoll

Well, I've added in a new section in the hopes of revitalising the story a bit.

For convenience, I'll tell you here that D'Nim's opinions on Pontus are now very mixed. While he's a shining example of Space Marine biology, he lets his petty concerns get in the way of things.

And that's a big no - even though D'Nim frankly hates most of you, he will refuse to let that hinder the mission and will continue to do his job.

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Don't worry, everyone hates Pontus. It will let Artos tolerate D'Nim slightly more easily.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Kallidor

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Swarbie

With it, my world
To dust returning

Corvin

Hey guys,

So sorry I dropped out last time.  It's been a long long time.  Just skim read a few of the posts since I was last involved, really good stuff.

I'm really glad you kept Corvin involved with everything.  I'm done with college for the Summer, and wanted to get back involved with the Conclave again.  I'd love to retake the reigns of Corvin for the Deathwatch story line. 

Let me know if anyone objects, I know my track record of commitment isn't golden. 

I'm going to start reading the other Deathwatch threads more in depth to get caught up on whats going on, although if someone wants to give me a brief overview that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks a lot!!

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Corvin on June 01, 2010, 02:48:12 AM
Let me know if anyone objects, I know my track record of commitment isn't golden.

no worse than mine :P

EDIT:

Just a little heads up to say that I am out of the country for two and a bit weeks as of tomorrow. Feel free to use Jopha to do stuff.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

We appear to have stalled once again.

Necris

I left it at a point where people could post their characters thoughts before assaulting the gun deck

I've been waiting for those involved to post something

I guess I can put the next bit up on tuesday
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Couple of things, Necris... when proposing the strategy, I was writing as Jopha in the last post - D'Nim, while a decent strategist, doesn't really go into that kind of thinking - so it's a bit odd D'Nim taking the shot. (Not impossible though, but Jopha is the most likely candidate.)

The other thing is that D'Nim does NOT use bolt pistols. As far as he's concerned, they're either close enough to hit with a sword or far enough way to fall by the might of the bolter. So he doesn't normally carry a bolt pistol. (All that needs though is a change from "his bolt pistols" to "his bolter")

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Must say, the hiatus sorta burned out any creative impetus I had regarding this project.

Provided there's more missions after this then I'll resume participation, but is it ok to relegate Ingaevon to NPC status for the remainder of this story arc?