Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Necris on October 07, 2009, 10:31:31 AM
normal timeline

not that it matters a huge deal, timelines are flexible somewhat, afterall I first used Hunrik (in his current last-of-chapter form) before I'd even conceived of the Nova Lords(/Legion), whose betrayal is written as having occurred during the GHEP story arc, which IIRC is was set post S.H.3 - and it is immediately after the GHEP arc that the Nova Legion obliterated the Knights Pacificus.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 07, 2009, 03:48:42 PM
Quote from: Necris on October 07, 2009, 10:31:31 AM
normal timeline

not that it matters a huge deal, timelines are flexible somewhat, afterall I first used Hunrik (in his current last-of-chapter form) before I'd even conceived of the Nova Lords(/Legion), whose betrayal is written as having occurred during the GHEP story arc, which IIRC is was set post S.H.3 - and it is immediately after the GHEP arc that the Nova Legion obliterated the Knights Pacificus.
Oh gawd, GHEP! A time when my writing was a terrible mockery of the word.

That was actually along a normal Conclave timeline, it's only SH3 that deviated.

well, SH3 and a coming project that involves Pennatus' gravestone(s). Spoilery, the basic premise was outlined very briefly in SH3's epilogue...

Inquisitor Ranovack

Sorry im a relative newbie what is silver heresy and GHEP?
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Hedgewise

I agree...what are u talking about?

Koval

Some long old RP campaigns on older iterations of the Conclave. You'll have seen a reference to Pennatus in this OOC; he's my Daemon Prince character and is as mad as a hatter, but ultimately deserves the Imperium calling him Extremis Diabolus and his Malleus Terminus threat rating. Controls a renegade hive/forge world, called Hyrcania, and was a really major player in the Silver Heresy trilogy. GHEP was actually his side show campaign, it stands for Grand Human Empire of Pennatus so it's pretty self-explanatory.

It ended with him messing up the days of five systems and a sub-sector, of which two of the systems are on the way to recovery but the rest are all seriously messed up. To list all the destroyed ones: Shyrin was totally trashed, Lorna's a very violent and twisted Eldar maiden world and is currently its system's only remotely inhabitable planet, and Ja'ána was blown up (in fact, it gets worse, Pennatus decided that wasn't enough and blew up its sun too). The Selathi sub-sector was trashed too, and has another five systems; Goyste became the site for one of Pennatus' supergun/space stations (later relocated and destroyed in Silver Heresy III), Selto is overrun by Waaagh! Marbak, and it doesn't look especially good for Sulymann's World, Grevínn or Athinal either once those Orks get moving again.

Anyway, this is all massively off topic! :P

Simeon Blackstar

I'm quite enjoying the backstory too - I think I joined around the time one of the Silver Heresy series was going on, maybe even #2, but I wasn't very into the RP section at that point so I don't remember reading more than a tiny bit.  I seem to remember Necris' guy (Ghost?) fighting Pennatus while a Magos guy killed some other people, perhaps including/in league with a werewolfy chap, and then got killed himself, but not much more.

Sounds like it was fun anyway!  ;)

Koval

Geist vs. Pennatus, and Magos Black vs. Hadden the werewolf mutant thing was right at the end of SH3.

And yes, it was massive fun. We had everything from Titan brawls outside a massive Minas Tirith-esque fortress, to the Daemon Virus that made a legion of super-powered Space Marines with a life expectancy of two months, to enormous space battles putting the Battle of Endor to shame, to a Keeper of Secrets trying to pose as an angelic messenger, to aerial duels in the middle of a thunderstorm, to Hell being an astronomical location, to the end of the universe as we know it.

And then we had Pennatus, the very definition of what happens when "WTF" gets it on with "PWNT". :P

Inquisitor Ranovack

thanks for that ill try to stay on topic from now on ;)
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

no problem, at least it's Conclave related. A lot of Silver Heresy OOC time was just spent discussing Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Final Fantasy (for example, I make no secret of drawing very heavily upon the Daleks when I was designing Hyrcania's advances in technology. In fact, I still make OOC references to Dalek death rays...)

Inquisitor Ranovack

Quote from: Koval on October 07, 2009, 10:15:03 PM
(for example, I make no secret of drawing very heavily upon the Daleks when I was designing Hyrcania's advances in technology. In fact, I still make OOC references to Dalek death rays...)

ha ha ha this i like. I wonder what would happen in a fight between the deathwatch team and a dalek or 2? ;D

Koval

Being as Tony (Necris) hasn't yet told us where or what we're fighting, I wouldn't give him ideas, Ranovack. :P

Swarbie

Yeah. I don't want my character ending up fried by a Dalek laser.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

especially as I'm an evil bastard
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Hedgewise

..................were screwed

Koval

You don't know what screwed is if I'm on the same side as you. Soon as I become a GM for a storyline...

in fact, just go read After Hours, that'll explain it more clearly than anything I say right now