Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Ranovack

Peleus is with  Hunric and cpt corvin.

if anyone thinks Ive over powered the plasma cannon. sorry i just thourght it was quite cool for peleus take out the transport by throwing his gun at it. :)
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

Well, yes, although I've addressed a couple of glitches in my own post.

Just as an aside, Rant's beyond one-upmanship -- he shot down that Devilfish the way he did to get rid of it, rather than to show up Peleus.

As for the Pirahnas -- it makes sense that they'd be scrambled first and already be on the scene, as I see Hammerheads and Sky Rays being slower to scramble and, obviously, slower-moving than what is effectively the Tau response to a Land Speeder or Sentinel.

Inquisitor Ranovack

thanks for  the recovery.
I agreee the pirahnas would arrive first 
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Simeon Blackstar

I'm not sure which pod Martell was in - I thought he and Artos were in the same one, but that would unbalance it a bit, so lets assume he was with Kraven.

I agree that the Hammerheads will take a long time to arrive, but theye have a massive range and streets are long.  There's still a substantial amount of time before they get to the drop zone, but I just wanted to get us moving on our objective rather than get bogged down slaughtering everything that comes our way.  ;)

Heroka Vendile

just so long as someone remembers to drag Hunrik with them at the moment (he will be fine, someone suitable just needs to take a second in a "quiet spot" to patch up his throat)  ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Simeon Blackstar

That reminds me, props for taking a hit for realism.   ;)

Under the weight of fire the Marines would have taken, one of them would probably have got hurt.  As you say, the organ redundancy should see Hunrik back to fighting capacity, and even if not at full-strength, he'll be deadly enough.

Hedgewise

Ok so for everyones sake so we know whos where:

Pod 1:
Captain Demos
Brother Artos
Brother Rant
Brother Laran

Pod 2:
Brother Kraven
Brother Martell
Brother Simion

Pod 3:
Captain Corvin
Brother Peleus
Brother Hunrik

Is that the disposition of our forces? Yes/No?

Kallidor

Seems about right as far as I can tell.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Inquisitor Ranovack

Sorry i forgot corvin was with hunrik when i wrote my last post i hope you dont mind. i ccan easily change it if you had any ideas. :-[

Heroka Vendile

it doesn't really matter who carts Hunrik off, but be aware that as a trained marine, even if not an apothecary, your guy should be able to spot the basics of what's what with his injuries.
The two chest wounds can probably get by with having synth-skin sprayed on them for now, along with the neck wound, naturally some form of medicine which (I forget the ins and outs of what every marine is normally equipped with) would need injected/appiled to the wounds before synth-skin.

You can however skip over all that detail and just say something along the lines of "Peleus tended to Hunriks wounds, he was no apothecary, but it would be enough to see him through till they got back aboard the Xenos Bane."
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Koval

More fuel for the fire should Demos ever challenge Rant. :P

To be fair, an open gate does look like a massive trap. I stopped short of suggesting that there were Broadsides or Crisis suits waiting for the Deathwatch, though...

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

Well, it was fine, but Rant really doesn't like using the word "the", or the verb "to be".

He's also not so wild about servitors that he'd just throw them away -- if they had guns on the other hand, then yes, he'd be happy to use them as armed decoys, but otherwise I think he'd have suggested the orbital strike first.

Incidentally, he really doesn't like close combat (hence, his electoo inductor and plasma cutters, which -- let's be fair -- are primarily tools that can just be weaponised as needed)

Necris

I'm not planning to use him in CC that's the others job, I had hoped I'd pushed across that Demos is an all rounder al though he favours CC over ranged, the Idea is Demos and Kraven get in at the gate controls after the orbital strike, under cover from the others and for Rant to prevent the gate from being reopened easily by crippling the drive motors.

I fully expected Rant to sit back at range and line up one of his perfect shots.

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Corvin

I'll get a post up today, been real busy, sorry.

If you need someone for combat.... then good 'ol Corvin would be happy to oblige.