Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Ranovack

are the inquisitor Lord  and the gaurdsmen staying on the xenos bane on are the gaurd coming with the team / going home?
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Koval

On the contrary, Tony, there by definition *must* be kill-maim-burn if we're talking about Tyranids in the same breath as Rant.

You'll get enough of a chance to see why fairly soon, although yes, I do appreciate the difference -- thanks.

Heroka Vendile

hey again guys. final week of uni now, murderous final assignment hand-ins, still very busy till the weekend.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Inquisitor Cade

Quotehis bolter, an older Thunderclap pattern, accepted only straight mags and those were scarce in comparison with the more standard sickle and drum mags. Bolts were bolts but the feeds were different, and incompatible with a Thunderclap.

Couldn't he take the bolts out of the sickle mags to refill his straight ones. Contrary to video games it isn't standard practice to discard empty magazines, you take them back and refill them.
*Insert token witticism*

Koval

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on December 08, 2009, 09:16:55 PM
Quotehis bolter, an older Thunderclap pattern, accepted only straight mags and those were scarce in comparison with the more standard sickle and drum mags. Bolts were bolts but the feeds were different, and incompatible with a Thunderclap.

Couldn't he take the bolts out of the sickle mags to refill his straight ones. Contrary to video games it isn't standard practice to discard empty magazines, you take them back and refill them.
That's actually what I had in mind but I must've been a bit ambiguous with my choice of words. I'll clear that up.

EDIT: fixed. His problem's really just that if he's given a drum he's got to dismantle it to use the bolts -- I figured that straight mags just weren't all that popular, just judging by all the models I've seen. Of the modern plastics I think it's just a few Chaos Marine bolt pistols that use straights.

Come to think of it, drums aren't all that prevalent either, but if the Inquisitor LRB is to be believed, at least the drum feed is more current.

Swarbie

Quote from: Koval on December 07, 2009, 06:34:11 PM
On the contrary, Tony, there by definition *must* be kill-maim-burn if we're talking about Tyranids in the same breath as Rant.

You'll get enough of a chance to see why fairly soon, although yes, I do appreciate the difference -- thanks.

Yes. When Artos finds out, I think he will ask for a flamer. Of course, this would be after the "Oh dear Emperor, must I go through this again" thing. And then Artos and Rant can really show off their experience. Or possibly their rage.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Might not be confined just to the Tyranids either.

EDIT: Swarbie, you've had Rant use too many words again XD

"Perhaps," replied Rant. "Or they might just see it as laziness."
would probably read better as
"Perhaps," replied Rant. "Or see as laziness."

Again, not having a go, Tony gets it wrong too -- it;s just that Rant hates using extra words where he doesn't need them, even if they would alter the meaning of his sentence.

Necris

next mission is up

hopefully it's clear which thread it is

if not its the Gerome Operation

And I only use too many words because I can't translate to chav  ;D not that I'm calling you a chav Koval but you obviously speak the lingo  :P
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

Haha! I wasn't aiming for chav (although it does sorta come naturally after having been around enough of them for so long...)

EDIT: Congratulations, Rant's now pissed off

Swarbie

Fixed Rant's speech.

Artos is scared. He may not be showing it, but he's scared.

He knows it's incredibly unlikely that they will all get out of this mission alive.

If both of them get out of this in one piece, maybe he and Rant should start a Tyrranic Veterans club.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Heh... Would be funny, but I have my doubts somehow, mostly because of the get-out-in-one-piece thing.

Tony, tiny fluff blip, the fire-gas Rant references is a natural product of the life-eater virus. Specifically, it's what the life-eater creates when it eats things. Sources vary onwhether it combusts on its own or needs a shot from orbit to do the job (probably depends on local conditions, truth be told).

So that brings up Rant's complaint -- the 'nids have hoovered up the life-eater and its gas, and only have more weapons at their disposal (in particular I'm thinking of Spore Mines, most of their guns, and the Toxic Miasma)

I'll make a proper post once Demos' part of the briefing is finished.

Simeon Blackstar

Righty, been a bit busy over the end of that last one, but I'm back in and ready to kill and capture some filthy xenos  ;)

Inquisitor Cade

If you don't mind me asking, what is a Strom Hawk?
*Insert token witticism*

Kallidor

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

Thank you, I just got the name from one of the Horus Heresy books and thought it would be a useful transition from thunderbird to something slightly bigger and capable of transporting more.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog