Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Deathwatch Reborn

Started by Necris, September 29, 2009, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Swarbie

Invasion of Schindelgheist?
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Dominatrix mind rape? (Not even kidding, I mentioned it in Opening Shots -- it would take something on that scale to traumatise Rant, after all)

Swarbie

Kk, Rant wins on psychological trauma.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Heh. Frankly, it's quite surprising he's survived for so long, and you'll see why as soon as we get closer to anything psychic... I plan to reveal exactly what happened at some stage, as "Dominatrix mind rape" doesn't present a wholly accurate account of what happened. Also, it's no good having it as a Noodle Incident.

He was, at the very least, protected by the Land Raider when we found the Warrior brood.

Swarbie

Ah well, at least Artos can have fun with the genestealers. His Chapter is of the blood-thirsty, revengeful type after all.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

Did I mention stealers?

I mentioned broodlords
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Koval

The two are very much interrelated, possibly even to the point where a Broodlord just happens to be a very big psychic Genestealer (however, I don't have the new 'dex and frankly don't intend to buy it, so that description may be a little off...) -- where there's a Broodlord there are likely to be 'stealers.

What sort of state they're in (given the borked virus bombing) is open to debate, though...

Necris

I've always taken the broodlord to be a combative patriarch as opposed to the bigger sitting on a throne ruling the roost kind, though the broodlord could even be a greater genestealer maybe the first prime strain of the genestealer brood.

Koval

Patriarchs are very big psychic Genestealers too...

Necris

I know but the descriptions of them have always led me to think of them as large cumbersome creatures instead of the typical true strain we know and love, the broodlord is a bridging gap which brings a truly frighting combat monster into play

which led me to speculate that a broodlord is in fact inferior to a patriarch and is potentially the first of the brood the biggest and strongest etc second only to the patriarch itself 

Swarbie

I believe the Patriarch is the alpha male in genestealer "society" (this includes cults), and the broodlords act almost like sergeants, leading packs of genestealers. Broodlords are generally considered the most dangerous of the two, but that is because the patriarchs are usually inactive, sitting on their thrones and calling the Hive Fleets. If they entered combat, they would undoubtedly make truly fierce opponents.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Kallidor

The latest Tyranid Codex makes no mention at all about Patriarchs, saying only that Broodlords are the most powerful Genestealers who guide in the Hive Fleets. I'd always understood that the Broodlord was meant to replace the old Patriarch and the one in the new Space Hulk is basically just a big Genestealer.

Despite that it could be that amongst Genestealers some become Broodlords over time. In the new Codex it talks about Genestealers doing their utmost to avoid being consumed once the Hive Fleet arrives, perhaps the oldest survivors eventually become Broodlords and those Broodlords that start of a cult turn into bloated Patriarchs. Perhaps the change depends on circumstances with only one Genestealer ever becoming a Broodlord but once it becomes a Patriarch the nect most powerful Genestealer grows bigger and becomes the latest Broodlord.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Koval

We've stalled... Tony, your last post seems to give us very little to do beyond make some cheap three-liner about following orders, and I think we're all waiting for something to do at this point because you're the GM and therefore the one flinging the Broodlord at us. As wonderful as we all are, I think the RP needs a little nudge to get us back in the right direction.

Necris

Agreed I'll hammer something up for later today/tomorrow