Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Scum, Subs, and Muties - New Sourcebook

Started by Van Helser, August 14, 2014, 11:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

I have written a new sourcebook detailing the ne'er'do'wells of the 41st millennium. It details scum characters, including thieves and reclaimators, as well as providing rules for the insane, abhumans, False Men and new mutations.

Part 1, detailing scum can be found here and Part 2, detailing the others can be found here.

Hopefully some of these nefarious no-gooders will find a way into your games.

Tell me what you think.

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Really great stuff here. I haven't had a chance to read through everything but right away I am finding inspiration. The Insanity rules are perfect for giving some more personality to a rather grisly assassin on my workbench. I'm thinking a combo of whispers and trophy taker would be ideal to add some personality to an otherwise stock psychopath. In the next couple weeks I'm trying to get my first Inquisitor game in probably two or three years off the ground and I'll definitely be using some of these rules to help introduce folks to the game.

Once I've read all the way through both articles I'll post something more substantive but I just wanted to say, great work!

Van Helser

Thanks for the feedback. I hope the games go well. Perhaps if you're feeling hardy you could do a little battle report? The "In the Field" forum is crying out for content!

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

So I used the chain knife in a recent game. I must admit, it was part of the reason I started my post re: close combat with a reexamination of the chain weapon rules. For such iconic pieces of kit I just feel like they need a bit of a boost. The d10 is certainly a step up from the standard fair but I think there needs to be a bit more punch. My first thought was, "roll d10 and pick the highest!", so perhaps I'll try that in the next game.*

For upcoming games I'm definitely looking to use the mental affliction rules as well as the Create a Scene ability and Scrap Armor. Depending on how quick my modeling comes there should be some beast men and more abhumans on the way. I'll keep you updated on my feedback (and hopefully be able to link to some battle reports!).

*Disclaimer, my mercenary vastly, VASTLY underperformed. His lone close combat hit on an NPC was very disappointing. If I had managed to disembowel hit opponent in one fell swoop I probably wouldn't be writing this.

Van Helser

The chain knife is D10+2. I went for a bit better than half as powerful as a chainsword (2D10), and considerably better than a knife (D6), but not as gnarly as a powerknife (3D6). If it doesn't seem punchy enough, then the roll 2D10 and pick the highest might not be such a bad idea.

Looking forward to any and all modelling projects the sourcebook inspires!

Ruaridh