Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

trying to find a set of miniatures to base a group of blood pact raiding party

Started by renegade thor, October 19, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade thor

Hi  there ,
I hope that some one here may be able to shed some light on an idea that I got at the moment, im looking to convert a unit of blood pact to use as a GM controlled squad in the up coming games we have planned .i thought a skilled squad of chaos storm troops would be a nice interesting change to have thrown in whilst  groups are battling in out to find and recover the deamon  chalise used  by a chaos cult. The blood pact are also there to take it so will be there a lot more difficulty in doing so for the players involved .  Going back to my  question ....

My original idea was to use the guards men kits produced by GW and convert these to make the unit , but I have been looking on ebay , gumtree ect and they are averaging £25/£30 a miniature. As I wont to build a squad of 10/12 this is going to be very expensive . I did think to use the tamia 1-35/ 1-32 scale german soldiers and add to these to make the unit but after reading through some of the posts on here I see that they are to small to use for inquisitor  54mm. Are there any other which you know of that would be the right size in comparison to the gw miniatures ?
Any input you could give would be greatly apriciated 
many thanks
question the heretic, beat the heretic, burn the heretic , kill the heretic ,dispose of the heretic and have a coffee to relax

Van Helser

If you don't mind minor conversion work, such as head swaps, then I would check out the cheap plastic miniatures a few of us have sourced from Russian ebay sellers. You could try these Polar troops, these Commissar-a-likes, the zombie cyborgs from this set, or the famous Eisenhorn-headed insurgents.

They are cheap and cheerful models, but perfect for grunts.

Ruaridh

renegade thor

question the heretic, beat the heretic, burn the heretic , kill the heretic ,dispose of the heretic and have a coffee to relax