Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding: Imperial Fists

Started by greenstuff_gav, August 17, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Dionzi

Agreed. You may want to swap out the straw you're using as a hammer shaft with brass rod, so you can sculpt detail onto it without blowing out of proportion.
SKYFALL MINIATURES

Shaman

Love him! And, echoing the hammer-on-shoulder prevailing sentiment. Very cool. Definitely would swap the shaft for something thinner though, looks a tad unweildy as-is.

Very cool work. Have to get back to painting mine sometime really.

greenstuff_gav

i've started thinning the hammer-haft at the grips. it'll be a slow process as things need to dry!

it's only propped in place as the shoulderpad is drying!
i went for a view of The Golden Throne as suiting an Imperial Fist!

i've added some pouches and lockboxes; thinking his background is more of a researcher; traveling the Imperium looking at defenses (archiving reports on old stuff and providing improvements for less than optimal structures); his pointing pose giving direction!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Looking good. I like that story for him too - Master of Fortresses for a title?

Ruaridh

Kallidor

Well this is really coming along and I really like the shoulder pad, don't ever recall seeing someone use the Emperor as a detail like this!!

I also like the backstory although for some reason I had a Grampa Simpson image in my head of him hitting a wall with his hammer to show how rubbish it was but the wall resisting the blow completely and then he hits a few dozen times until eventually the wall crumbles; see, told you that wall was rubbish!

Thought I might pass on this tip for the hammer haft too; digging through a skip outside some electrics place once I got some wire that used braided sleeve, something I'd seen before, and I've used that, pulled tight over a plastic rod to make some very nice knurled grip on axe/hammer hafts.

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Inquisitor Dionzi

RE: the braided sleeve, excellent idea. That could save me a huge amount of trouble ... if I can find some here in the Colonies!

I'd love a couple more photos or a drawing of that pad detail, Gav. Looks nifty!
SKYFALL MINIATURES