Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

My Agents of the Inquisition

Started by seaglen, August 22, 2014, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentirius

Aye, that is definitely an improvement on the sleeves now that I've seen it done.  This guy reminds me of the vibe I get from the original Inquisitor rulebook art; hardly any black on him and yet still so Gothic.

seaglen

Yeah he's certainly got the same menace as the cover art (plus the inability to see his toes)

Next up for inquisitorial agents will be a reboot of my friends acolyte
The original model my friend made was inspired by this artwork:

I even managed to dig out his old 2001 half-finished model!

This was considered a pretty decent kitbash  for us back in the day!
I'll be rebooting the model, trying to make it more in line with the artwork, and keep the red and black colours my friend decided on.
I'll also probably go the route of using the demon huntress as a base.

I may change the gun to a melta weapon too, as I have a few 54mm bits I've been wanting to use...

kierkegaard

If I recall correctly, PrecinctOmega made a model inspired by that artwork that used a Severina/Sevora body from the feet up to the stomach, and a 40k plastic space marine's chest armour (I can't find a photo anywhere, so I can't tell you what arms and head he used.)

seaglen

@kierkegaard - yes I've seen that one before !
Funnily enough, it was also red/black if I recall.
Was there ever a colour version of the original artwork wherein it was red, or did precinct omega and my friend just have the same taste in palette for the black and white art...?

EDIT - I think this might be the one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/precinctomega/Inquisitor/ki1.png

kierkegaard

Yes, that is the model I was thinking of.

I have never seen a colour version of the picture, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist (or maybe black and red were just the obvious and popular choices for colour schemes.)

seaglen

Slight update on my inquisitor reboot - he's got a little more colour on him now:

The shuriken pistol and sword will go a nice wraithbone colour, and I'm still trying to figure out the greatcoat. Cracked black leather most likely, but any suggestions on a pattern?

seaglen

I've also made more progress with some resin casts and have got the demonhuntress torso and legs sorted.

They're now forming the base of the inquisitor Pelagia art-to-model project:

It's quite hard to make out from the pictures, but the detail wasn't too bad - a few air bubbles but I can fill.
I've taken a dremmel to her torso to refelct the art better. More to follow!

Pose looks roughly the same too:

I'm currently casting up a bi ch of heads for a necromunda-style 80s neon gang and casting the demon huntress head too to use as a base for the above model :)

cymrilian

its a great start. with the right head, it should look really good

(and what is an 80s style neon gang?)

seaglen

Many thanks!
For the head I went and recast the demon huntress head in resin, so I could shave off the hair.

Heres some more of the sculpting work, and then the first layers of paint!

Lots more highlighting and detail to do, but it's taking shape.

And one that reflects the art:

seaglen

Aaaaaannndd! It's finished!

Her little rodent friend on the base is an ANCIENT mini from the original hero quest box, I believe!

cymrilian

very nice. and the blue eyeshadow is genius. it really makes the face.

seaglen

Ah thanks!
As for making the face, I might go back and try to correct the nose. The resin cast I made didn't come out perfectly so I could try to fix it a little..?

mcjomar

For me, I'm really liking the effort on the weathering for the armour, and the work on the gun.
It all comes together really well.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

Many thanks!
This finished model means one of my friend's warbands is now rebooted and complete:

I've also managed to get a little more paint on my own inquisitor's rebooted model this eve:

I'm really happy with the wraithbone, but still need to finish off more details.
Im also a little stuck on how else to make the model pop a little more, and to tie the whole thing together, as Something just feels missing so far....

mcjomar

Obvious kneejerk is the highlighting and tidying up of any black elements, and the base.
Outside of this, however, is the consideration of any symbols (or other decoration) on the lower portion of the model.

The original ootb version of that mini (I forget his name) has the Inquisition symbol dead centre, split by the opening of the coat.
I did something similar for a xanathite with a symbol taken from The Secret World (Legends) TSW/SWL Dragon faction, split in the same way.
However, you could consider wrapping symbols around the hem of the coat instead, similar to one of the older 28mm eldar farseer minis, which had a section of hem on their inner robe specifically for that when painted as biel-tan (I've got a picture buried somewhere...).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.