Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Another Terrain project..

Started by seaglen, September 04, 2014, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade thor

All looks really good , what kits are the cast pieces from?
question the heretic, beat the heretic, burn the heretic , kill the heretic ,dispose of the heretic and have a coffee to relax

seaglen

Massive update time on my terrain!

here's a few pics of the inside/outside of the chapel details:

I've recently been working on more terrain to get my table up to date, and found this great site - Wargames Models Mods - that do some brill pieces of laser cut wood terrain. Just add Pringles!

these are pretty cheap and easy to get looking ok once you add a lick of paint:

and some storage silos underway:
(I printed out some stencil letters and numbers for the side)

And with the railings in place:

The great thing about these, is that they double up as dice storage - each is labelled correctly too!

more to come....

Lord Borak

Great stuff mate. Funny, I had exactly the same idea with the silos but actually labelling them up is definitely an idea I'm going to steal!

Alyster Wick

Ahhhh, that's all awesome. Great idea with the (dice) containers! I should definitely steal that. Also, the ladders and railings look like their pre-cut (I'm blanking on the term, and I know it isn't PDF). In any event, they look great, where did you get them? I have very similar supplies sitting around (pringles cans, etc) that could really be brought to life with a few extra bits like those.

Also, the etched brass is stellar. Is that all off of Forgeworld? You have a fantastic eye for assembling random bits into awesome stuff, now hurry up and paint!

Van Helser

Alyster, I believ seaglen said he got the railings from http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/ further up the page. They do add a fantastic level of bonus detail to really bring the recognisable shape of a Pringles can up to scratch.

Brilliant idea with the dice repositories!

Ruaridh

Inquisitor Vale

The chapel looks very promising -- especially like the scourge on the wall.... for the devotion of a single priest or for visiting penitents?

Dice storage inspired.
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

RobSkib

Speaking as someone who has thrown out clothes to make room for more terrain, I've always got a soft spot for well-made scenery. These bits are excellent, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of that chapel.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

seaglen

Thanks for all the feedback! - ill try to make some more progress on the chapel this weekend. I may change the layout of the roof, and take away the second floor. This will make it look more like a small single person shrine/chapel (ill give it a nice Gothic roof, and small balcony however)...

QuoteAlyster, I believ seaglen said he got the railings from http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/ further up the page.
-  yep thats the one - they do some great plasma generator peices Im thinking about getting, and wiring up to light up as well...

realitybytes16

Any progress on these? It'd be interesting to see the finished pieces since they're already so impressive even as WIPs :).

seaglen

Seeing as I've resurrected almost all of my other posts, I may as well post the work behind the scenes I've been doing on terrain too.
Going back through this, I had a few silos made, and over the past few weeks I've also made a few more (one damaged with a burning flickering LED fire glow in it too)

I've just been working on this great MDF terrain I got cheap on eBay - originally from the "gothic spires" selection from Kromlech - it scales nicely to 54mm too:

I've also added lights to the inside and will be making acetate stained glass windows too!