Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Events in 2015 - Latest: IGT 2015 reports

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 17, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Well, congratulations to all in helping me forge a successful event. We ended the rather long drought in events, and got a very positive response from both crowds and staff; We got a great spot in the hall (hurricane force air conditioning perhaps not included) and things like Gav's First Founding project (with Ruaridh's Celestial Lion scout in support) and my vehicles were great attention grabbers - I'm told we made for a fair few Facebook posts.

It would have been nice to have distributed a few more leaflets, but I did come away with respectably fewer than I arrived with (even discounting those that players wanted for themselves/their clubs).

For my part, it was great to get to put some of my characters on the table again, and I'm pleased to see that Lynx was only a point behind Ruaridh's daemonhost in the Hobby round (although still only in 3rd place, as Nicholas' servitor was only half a point behind).

My scenario was less of a success - it was supposed to be a scenario where the players had conflicting objectives, but were put in circumstances where they would have to work together to complete them, resulting in a constant tension about who would find an opportunity to stab each other in the back first.
With that in mind, it should have started much more in medias res, with the players already in the middle of these conflicts, rather than waiting for the conflicts to form. However, I learnt a lot from the experience and I should be able to use the "Enemy of my enemy" concept rather better next time.

~~~~~

Top placings were as follows:

1st Place: Stephen Yates (Cortez): 75.5/90
2nd Place: Nicholas Carpenter (Holiad): 72.5/90
3rd Place: "Gav" (greenstuff_gav): 70.5/90

Best Player: Stephen Yates (Cortez): 36/40

Best GM: "Gav" (greenstuff_gav): 33.5/40

Best Hobbyist: Ruaridh Dall (Van Helser): 8.5/10

Inquisition quiz winner: Ruaridh Dall (Van Helser): 18/22
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Still gutted that I missed it - but well done to all of the winners.

Did anyone take pics of the hobby entries?  Marco - any chance you could post the Inquisition so those of us who couldn't make it can have a go
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

greenstuff_gav

while i've yet to sort images and write the building of, here's Samara Weiss; Merc Swordfighter, with WIP and alternate views

wish i could remember my answers to The Inquisition! :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on May 31, 2015, 07:22:03 PMDid anyone take pics of the hobby entries?
I'm afraid I didn't, but that's mostly because I was running around like a headless chicken at the end of the lunch hour trying to work out where I was putting everyone, and why I couldn't find Joe, and he's in Bugman's because they haven't delivered his lunch yet, and the air conditioning has just blown all of the slips everywhere and....

... yeah. It's possible someone else might have though.

QuoteMarco - any chance you could post the Inquisition so those of us who couldn't make it can have a go
The feedback seemed to be that it was harder than I was expecting, but here we go:

1)   Give the start and end years of the Macharius Crusade
2)   In standard imperial date format, what does a check number of 0 signify?
3)   What material is (dubiously) said to be in the core of a standard bolt round?
4)    In which millennium was the Inquisition founded?
5a)   What is the emblem of the Necromunda 8th Regiment?
5b)   What is the origin of this emblem?
6)    Which segmentum is the forge world of Triplex-Phall found in?
7a)   Abaddon's 12th Black Crusade is also known by what name?
7b)   Which battle is famous as the turning point of this war?
8)   Which Greek letter represents civilised worlds in Imperial classification?
9)   Who is Commissar Ciaphas Cain's aide? (Full name and rank please!)
10)   Thunderchild was the first ship lost in which fleet engagement?
11)   What is the mass of a Reaver Titan?
12)   On which world is the Crimson Fists Fortress-Monastery based?
13)   What is the tithe grade of Mars?
14)   I can't afford Wild Snake. What do I drink instead?
15)   Which Inquisitor declared the Lacrymole to be Xenos Horrificus?
16)   Who was the Chief Custodian during the Horus Heresy?
17)   Which system do Grox originate from?
18)   How many Universal Laws do the Mechanicus have?
19)   Which Craftworld did Maugan Ra rescue from the Eye of Terror?
20)   Where on Terra was the God Emperor of Mankind born?

The stupidest answers probably came from Gav, who was determined that:

The Inquisition was founded in the First Millennium BCE.
Abaddon's 12th Black Crusade was called "Bad Times" and the famous battle was "The End".
Commissar Cain's aide was Gunner First Class Stevebob, who also happened to be the Chief Custodian and the Inquisitor who lead a purge of the Lacrymole.
A Reaver Titan weighs* "Gurt Massive"
Maugan Ra's craftworld was called "Panzie Place".

But Joe's weren't massively better:

Abaddon's 12th Black Crusade was called "Return of the Jedi"
Commissar Cain's aide was Sgt Johnny Vegas
The alternative to Wild Snake is apparently Budweiser (one of the few answers Gav actually got right)

*I will admit that I wasn't really expecting anyone to get this one from memory, as even I was nine tonnes out when I first wrote the questions.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Wow, those are some tricky questions. I can answer some off the top of my head, and know where to look up almost all of the others, but Ruaridh's 18/22 is very impressive!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Cortez

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Quote from: Kaled on June 01, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
Wow, those are some tricky questions. I can answer some off the top of my head, and know where to look up almost all of the others, but Ruaridh's 18/22 is very impressive!

My google-fu is strong, but it was open book... However, if you still have the sheet Marco, my answers in pen were what I came up with myself before I went through to Bugman's. Reckon I must've got 5 right on my own?

I had a great day, and I am especially chuffed to have nabbed the Hobbyist prize after many years of going for it. Cheers one and all for making the day a good one.

Hope there's interest enough for a campaign day later in the year. I am pretty sure I won't be able to get time off work to travel down in August, September and the first half of October, but I would like to run a day in early November if there are enough takers. I will get a new thread started once I hammer out some more details.

Ruaridh

EDIT: IGT blog post and photos.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on June 01, 2015, 09:16:38 PMHowever, if you still have the sheet Marco, my answers in pen were what I came up with myself before I went through to Bugman's. Reckon I must've got 5 right on my own?
Sorry, forgot about this when I was busy. Seven of your answers in pen are correct.

~~~~~

As far as other events this year, I can restate the earlier possibilities I mentioned as well:

1) A general meet-up where players/GMs can arrange scenarios in advance. This has been proposed before, but never came to fruition - it could actually be a pretty worthwhile event that would let some more intricate scenarios be run.

2) Vague ideas about running a semi-linked series of events. This would probably prove to be another event in the Alykia campaign, following on from where The Saint left off in 2011. Corporal Aeslin might have been killed, but her life and (presumed) death nonetheless set many things in motion.
I'll want to hold off on putting a date to this event until Leander is in a reasonable state of completion though, as I'd want her to play a rather large role in that particular plot.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Something else I've forgotten...

I wasn't really coherent enough to ask these questions after the event, but if anyone has any feedback on the various format tweaks (like the three round format and greater flexibility in characters), I'd be interested to hear what you have to say; It'll probably be useful in organising the next IGT as well, whether that falls to me or someone else.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i liked the lack of pressure three games gave us but a couple of games did seem to drag on (including my own) .. what was the difference in timescales again?

the character thing didn't really crop up at all (but again, only played 2 games so not alot of room to compare) i know i didn't ask people to trim their crews down

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

In theory, 105 minutes per time slot, not 75 (although we did get a slight schedule slip), so about 90 minutes of game rather than an hour.

If enough people feel that's a little long, it would be possible to crop it back and put some more time into lunch and score calculation (which might have taken less time if I were more awake, but did run longer than hoped) and give ourselves more leeway.

GW's =I= articles