Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Kaptins Konversion Klinik

Started by KaptiDavy, March 23, 2015, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaptiDavy

So, summer's gone and I didn't have the time I wanted to work on my minis (and my left eye had to be operated slowing things even more), but now I' getting back to my table - first, for some small projects like these gribblies:

The first one is a tainted putto in desperate need of wings - if you have any idea what to choose, please let me know (DE scourge wings seem too big)

The next one is kind of a daemonhost with a technological twist.... it's made of a drinking horn used for holding enemies' blood and an autosanguine is implanted in it - to filter the most wanted qualities of those enemies for later consumption - hence the khornate design

And a rather usual design for dessert:

Next time we'll see some loyalists...

DapperAnarchist

I really really like the Putto, even as he is, but I'm not convinced by the daemon... It's more concept than execution. The servoskull is nice too!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alyster Wick

Beautiful stuff, I'm a big fan of all of them. I'll agree w/ Dapper that the daemon looks a little off, but I don't think it's the design. The "arm" pieces seems to be jostling about haphazardly, maybe positioning them forward (as if ready to strike) would help? Right now it looks like it's plunging headlong forward clumsily.

For the putto, I've used the "zombie vulture" wings from the chaos spawn kit to make strange familiars before. They're great because they're just desiccated bone and give an otherworldly feel to flying creatures since they clearly shouldn't work from a physics perspective, yet somehow they do...

KaptiDavy

QuoteThe "arm" pieces seems to be jostling about haphazardly, maybe positioning them forward (as if ready to strike) would help?

Oh, I see - it's the photos not the actual guy:) The arms are quite forward, almost like he's struggling to get to some prey - ironically the pose is most visible on the backside pic (because I took them from under the table)

QuoteIt's more concept than execution.

And yeah, it's a very straightforward (partly improvised) kitbash - more so because it was made before I made up it's background

So thanks for the criticism and for mentioning those wings too - and I remember someone using the smaller wings from the vargheist box (which I'm bound to buy sometime), I just can't find the pics....

KaptiDavy

As I said, loyalists:

this one's a quick fun piece - I just couldn't leave that head on the sprue  ;D

DapperAnarchist

Ooooh... I love the idea of a Warband consisting entirely of Puttos and Cherubs...

FERAL CHERUBS! I want that, either for myself or someone else to make...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

KaptiDavy

Well, they won't be a separate warband, they just got finished at once - of course I plan to grab another box of these (Malifaux terror tots) since I found out they're roughly compatible with ruststalker heads and arms

KaptiDavy

Until last week I wasn't aware of this thing called Adepticonstruct, and I was pretty confident with my seemingly original ideas.... now I won't open a new thread to discuss the collective unconscious, I just share a few pics of my Apothecarrion servitor :D

Alyster Wick

That looks fantastic. Really great use of parts. I love the Necron forearms attached to the tau gun on the right hand, very inventive. More shots of the backpack are a must. You really just kit-bashed the hell out of that thing. Where do you get skulls of that scale? I would love the name of your supplier. Also, what are you using as the base of the model?

Seriously great stuff. I may have to throw together all the spare mechanic bitz I have and see if I can come up with something similar :)

KaptiDavy

Thanks for the kind words!

I already named my suppliers in the relevant topic some months ago... check them out!

As for the parts: the base is the groin of a not too big tau battlesuit (sorry, those names escape me), and the skulls are from the Fortress of redemption kit (careful, they can be quite expensive)
The backpack itself is made of an ork jump pack, a SM centurion breacher and a tau flamer - oh and some vials from the talos kit (which is a must in this scale!)

Now, I have some exorcisions to do....

Van Helser

Really impressed with you you have constructed a very imposing and completely 41st-millennium appropriate character from a pile of unrelated plastic bits. I wouldn't have the vision to bring together such a smorgasbord of bits.

Have any of the cherubim/beasties from earlier in the thread been painted yet?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Missed this, that looks really cool/scary. It's not something you'd want creeping into your room at night and I'm really not sure I'd trust that thing to put me back together.

KaptiDavy

Yeah, kitbash got a new meaning the other day ;D

Painting however is delayed furhter, as my left eye has to be operated - until then I can't even ask for glasses
This is the main reason for not posting any painted figs here... but it's gonna change I promise

KaptiDavy

I need some advice from you guys! Finished this fig today, but I've toyed around with the pose so much I just can't decide if it's OK. I tried a few angles, hope it helps

And a question before going back to the workbench: should I put something under his foot, or keep him leaping?

RobSkib

I think the back leg and foot needs more work to make it look like he's leaping, and I fear it would take some hacksawing. Still, if you're game, I think it would be very effective!

As it is though, he needs grounding or lifting, it's in an awkward half-stage currently. He's a biiiig dude, which makes him even scarier if he's able to move around quickly like that! Perhaps some sort of grav-chute or jump pack would be appropriate?

I love the combination of parts though - I've been looking for a suitable combination to go with my own ogryn carapace armour I've got kicking around. I might have a spare pair of Tyrus' legs to go with it...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.