Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

that's got to be one of the best purity seals I have seen with the skull on - what is your secret to the text/illustrations on it??

ps - how much for a resin genestealer? :)

Lord Borak

Van Helser,
I did think about that but my Wife said no........ I may compromise and do some free hand on it though. I was thinking a white pattern, possibly chaos star-like in design. The black expanse of the cloak does need breaking up though.

Seaglen,
Thanks mate. I just use a watered down mix of Chaos Black and rhinox hide and then just a thin brush. Same with the Skull bit it's pure black.

I have no plans to paint anything else for a while so will be cracking on with a commission piece.

Alyster Wick

Been a while since I commented on your posts. Great looking stuff! The genestealer does look like he was done quickly (dry brushing and all) but he still looks fantastic (when you're on tight timelines you gotta do what you gotta do). The throwback color scheme is great. I will throw in my two cents in favor of adding some more bone-colored areas where appropriate.

Pyondias looks great. The face is particularly fantastic. I love the blood dripping from the roman numerals on the forehead and the iron halo is a great touch. I'm also a big fan of the beard. Compared to a lot of your other color schemes I will say that there are some parts of him that are a little boring (the mostly-uniform silver of the weapons, the unbroken dark roads, etc). It's still better than anything I'm going to put out :)

Anyway, great work! Looking forward to whatever you have cooking next.

Lord Borak

I've gone back and added some stuff to the Priest. Still more to do so I'll update when he's done ;)

Right. This is where I am with a commission piece. Still very WIP at the moment but any CnC is welcome.

As for what else is going on with him. He'll have a hand restin on his holstered pistol and a Bionic arm (separate) for his right arm which probably wont be holding any weapon. He'll have some pouches on his belt added soonish.

Cortez

I like the coat and the boots, really nicely done. Needs some work from the side view though as he looks a bit back heavy and like he's going to fall over backwards. The holster for the plasma pistol is also really nicely done.

seaglen

Looking very good!
I am a big fan of the sculpted inner collar - amazing detail!

Lord Borak

Cortez, he is leaning back a bit. I'll address that later. Thanks though, I'd not noticed!

Right, back to it I guess. I've done most of the detail work now. I just need to do the left hand, left sleeve and pipes on his bionics. I'm also going to go for a flesh and blood arm for his right arm, probably holding a cane. I may re-do his boots as well as he now looks like he has really small feet! Compared to other =][= models anyway. I can fix his 'leaning' out while I'm at it.

Alyster Wick

He's looking great! All the little details really make a difference (the tassels, badges, etc). Beyond excited to get him  ;D

Lord Borak

Glad you like him! Well, you let the cat out of the bag about who the commission is for now though!

Alyster Wick

I don't know what commission etiquette is! I just think he looks great and I'm excited to paint him!!!

Lord Borak

Me either....... ANYWAY! Next warband member is up.

This is Rikkard Blunt. A recon trooper from the Abraxian 7th Recon Company ((Code name: Heart Breakers))
Apart from the 40k bits he is completely made up of resin

...... and here's one of the whole happy family so far. I think I'm going to add a mechanicum character to the band next.

Alyster Wick

Really great use of pouches and gubbins on the IG character. I have yet to master the skill of artful clutter, but he looks eclectic and interesting. The stock model is very vanilla but you've spruced him up the appropriate amount. Also bonus points for the freehand on the head band, it looks fantastic! The little details really help. Double bonus points for the conversion of the Lasgun to Autogun, that may be the best 54mm autogun I've seen (in terms of being faithful to the 28mm version). And with a spare clip no less!

On the whole the group is looking great. The additional freehand on the left-hand grunt really breaks up the solid gray. The little girl in the back of the group is incredibly unsettling (kind of like she's the REAL one in charge).

Great work! Keep it up!

Lord Borak

Right. It's been a long time! My first update since before the IGT  :-\ Not good but I've been distracted quite randomly by Battlefleet Gothic of all things. Anyway, you don't care about that so here's my update

The Guard Colonel/Imperial Noble is done.

mcjomar

He is looking very fantastic!  ;D
I think it's the resin vs GS throwing me off about the left eye/right eye balance.
Is there more to go?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Alyster Wick

He looks fantastic! A very suitable Planetary Governor NPC, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Quote from: mcjomar on May 01, 2016, 07:01:17 PM
I think it's the resin vs GS throwing me off about the left eye/right eye balance.

The right eye is a bit lower than the left, but I for one don't mind. It's a bionic, so it's reasonable to think it could be located in a slightly different place. I enjoy the asymmetry of it.