Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

16-08 Backmail and Extortion (Batrep)

Started by greenstuff_gav, August 16, 2015, 05:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

managed to play Inquisitor at W@R utilising one of the scenario packs i wrote for Eramus involving the parties infiltrating into a data-store to purloin dataslates (represented by scrp counters as i forgot to take my objectives!
Stephen played Inquisitor Thrax, Adrian played Inquisitor Alvart and i played Inquisitor Orchiel[url]

Inquisitor Jerichos' crew evaded into the data-store cautiously; she knew rivel factions would be searching for the data-slates as well.
Kal took the initiative and scrambled up to the top of a stack headed toward a slate they were hunting for.

from his vantage point he could see the shining armour of Inquisitor Alvart advancing toward them

As Kal evaded down a gantry he spotted a familiar inquisitor headed toward his position

Kais, headed toward another dataslate tucked into a nook as the inquisitor passed the other end of the corridor

Helena, scrambling onto a stack got a better veiw of the shining inquisitor meandering toward her

Suddenly the roar of a boltgun barked across the area and Kal was slammed by the rounds, knocking him over and causing him to drop one of his laspistols below him.
thankfully he kept his balance and didn't fall off the gantry!

Jena, having seen the firepower filling the air, prepared herself and spotted the open door on the opposite side of the stack

running she threw herself across the gap and through the doorway

Kais, seeing the havoc the bolter was causing, opened fire smashing hte guardsman to the ground
Sergeant Flame was able to right himself and three bolt rounds smashed the Tau, shredding armour and leaving the xenos unconscious

As Helena pulled herself to the top of hte stack to aid Kal, the opposing Inquisitor also reached the top

As he attempted to draw his power sword Helena managed to unbalance him wit ha shove, giving her room to draw and fire her Shuriken pistol at point-blank range.
He stepped back to avoid the pistol fire and managed to trip off the top!

His reflex saved him, managing to land heavily uninjured

Grabbing the dataslate in front of her she rolled and dropped clumsily to the level below

Inquisitor Alvart pulled himself up to alongside Inquisitor Thrax , golden armour standing out in the dusty repository

Kal remained prone and opened fire with his remaining laspistol, failing to hit the entrenched guardsman

Meanwhile Jena encountered Alvarts retinue, exchanging information and duplicating dataslates.
Inquisitor Alvart parried Thraxs'repeated blows and stunned the Inquisitor with a well-timed strike from his Shock-Shield.

As the Felinid medic continued to tend to Sergeant Flames' wounds and he continued to pour firepower across the area the other two crews evaded their way clear, Inquisitor Alvart securing 3 data slates, Inquisitor Jericho securing two and Inquisitor Thrax securing one...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Nice report mate. The board and terrain looks pretty sweet I must say. There's also a few models I don't recognise, where is the Armoured/Gold Inquisitor Alvert from?

Van Helser

I know that one - Luriel Sacred Fist by Andrea Miniatures.

Thanks for sharing the report Gav. I'd never have thought of using Hornby track as catwalks. Would work as ladders too.

Always love it when someone topples off a building avoiding gun fire.

P.S. Can I share this through the Carthaxian Inquisitor FB and twitter?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Lord Borak on August 21, 2015, 06:32:05 AM
Nice report mate. The board and terrain looks pretty sweet I must say. There's also a few models I don't recognise, where is the Armoured/Gold Inquisitor Alvert from?
as Ruaridh says; Adrian has bought him to a couplea conclaves but only ever seems to roll one action for him!
he's looking for a non-sexy nurse to give him +1 Speed and Heroic (representing the medicae keeping him focused / drugged up as he's an old man!)

as to sharing that's fine along with any of the battle reports / content :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination