Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Scrounge what you can: Lachesis Writeup

Started by greenstuff_gav, November 23, 2015, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

The Trader Rouge sniffed as they exited the shuttle onto the landing pad of Lachesis, the research station granting them access to Facility S4D-5 within sight.

as they pushed through the heavy foliage her Auspex gave off rather unusual readings; they had expected the life-pings of Mechanicus staff, not these scrambled transmissions.
"Sister Coraline," Rogue turned toward the Sororitas Inquisitor Griegor had put into her employ "Head that way" Rogue pointed her Tabac-pipe toward the location of one data-ping "Adept Shana and I shall divert the other way."

As Tech Adept Shana pushed forward she encountered a security-adept slouched against a power generator, bleeding from a dozen wounds

Rogue rushed forward, her medipack at the ready; her time as a medic in the Praetorian VII well spent

"don't worry chap, we'll have you on your feet in no time!" she chattered cheerfully while tending his wounds.
His eyes focused on hers and he coughed, pushing a dataslate into her hands

Meanwhile Sister Coraline encountered a dataterminal. However a mechanicus team assaulting a security-adept threw off her concentration!

Adept Shana spotted a dishevelled man rummaging through a large ream of machine-print.
Deciding to sneak up on him she evaded to the other side of the humming generator

Meanwhile a Magos and his bionically-enchanced squig approached Sister Coraline, her not noticing as her fingers stabbed awkwardly at the keys on the terminal

"I AM MAGOS PLANK." his voice boomed through its' speaker "STEP AWAY FROM THIS UNIT"
Sister Coraline threw her hands up in the air in frustration "FINE! You do it then." she stepped back.

Thankfully she managed to remember the keystrokes and duplicated the Magos' work.

As Shana lost the mercenary, he evaded past her aiming back toward her, unaware Rouge had strolled up behind him "What-o chap!" she tapped him on the shoulder meaningfully

The mercs' younger brother rushed toward her, looking to protect him

As Sister Coraline shoved him back Magos Plank approached with Adept Shana and his own apprentice

"THIS FACILITY IS UNSAFE" his voicebox boomed "DO NOT ENTER UNTIL IT HAS BEEN SANCTIFIED"

While everyone stepped back, convinced in his authoritative actions, Rouge shrugged and pulled her respirator and goggles in place "Let's have a looksee then, shall we old boy?"
And the three crews entered Facility S4D-5...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

The crew ventured deep into the facility, losing track of the Magos and the so-called "PDF investigators".
They soon found themselves entering weapons storage, containers of weapons spilled and mixed into junk

Rouge grinned... While they were to investigate the facility's missing personnel the Inquisitor had said nothing about reporting each piece of tek they found; no doubt she could turn a profit from this little lot!

gesturing her team forward, Rouge sifted through a pile infront of her, locating several weapons; a customised chainsword, a hellgun and a Shock Maul that sent electric shocks through her arm and she was convinced she heard whispering.

Shaking her head she passed them to Sister Coraline, retaining the ornate chainsword

Adept Shana moved forward, successfully locating and retrieving a data-store, it's bulky size slowing her as she hunkered down to access it's secrets.

Rouge joined her at the base of a tower holding another data-store. As they entered they spotted someone scramble up to the roof

Rouge took the opportunity to relight her tabacpipe
"I say, you up there!" she shouted "would you mind awfully passing us what you have there?"
"um." came the response "I'm here under orders of Inquisitor Cortez so you'll have to ask her!"

As Rouge puffed her pipe into an inferno the ringing of boltgun shells echoed followed be the cut-off scream of a man

Sister Coraline looked up from retrieving a tainted boltgun from another weapons pile to spot the power-armoured form of an inquisitor dart around a corner infront of her

As the Inquisitor stomped toward Rouge Adept Shana began transferring the data-spirits to her portable data-shrine

"I am Inquisitor Cortez of the Hereticus" The Inquisitor boomed "Hand over all data retrieved."
"well see here" Rouge lifted her pipe from her mouth "we're her to investigate the facility y'honour. However far be it for us to hinder His Holy Inquisition." she paused "i'd happily provide duplicates but everything has a price..."
The inquisitor waved a hand languidly "Credits are not a problem. However there are tainted weapons here of interest to me..."
Rouge grinned "I'm sure an arrangement can be made..."

Build Your Imagination

greenstuff_gav

The crew infiltrated into the are containing the Daemonblade responsible for the carnage; logs retrieved detailed its' smuggling into the facility and how the Mechanicus had released a Daemon spreading some form of Plague amongst the workforce.

Such an item would be worth much and apparently could help to control the rate of infection, useful in bringing the facility back to control

As the team venture toward the blade, carefully avoiding the corpses littering the room, one began moaning and pulled itself to it's feet!

Sister Coraline dashed forward, aiming to protect her charges, flaming staff swinging in wide arcs

Adept Shana moved to the left, her power sword cleaving one zombie in half as Rouge evaded toward the daemonblade

As Adept Shana and Rouge approached one of the "PDF" mercs from earlier dashed forward, levelling a meltagun at the blade!

Rouge dashed forward, knocking into the man, throwing off his aim

the younger brother took aim, thinking she was charging his brother and shot her squarely in the head!
while the bulky Praetorian helmet took most of the blow, Rouge was knocked stunned by the shot!

Adept Shana, concentrating on the sword missed the shot over the frantic melee and snatched up the blade

However its' powers rushed throughout her body and bionics overwhelming her mind!

Sister Coraline dashed to help Rouge and was rewarded with another headshot!

Adept Shana swung for the closest merc, narrowly missing him, a snarl on her lips

Rouge stepped forward to restrain Adept Shana but the daemon was strong and she slashed at the trader!

The mercs took advantage of her distraction and riddled Adept Shana with melta and autofire, pounding her to the dust, knocking the weapon from her grasp

As the blade clattered to her feet Rouge instinctively picked up the blade

However as she fought the daemonic possession the other adept threw some form of experimental gas grenade, knocking her unconscious!

The older merc grabbed the blade and threw it forward, his brother grabbing it in the air and landing heavily in the research station as the Adept slammed her fist onto the Emergency Lockdown button, trapping the blade and Kade in stasis!

At which point the zombies all faltered and began collapsing, the daemon linking them to the warp obviously destroyed as the blade was removed from reality!

Rouge wandered up the metallic ramp into her shuttle, turning to watch Sister Coraline aid Adept Shana up the slope.
She nodded at each of them, silent as the tabac-smoke drifted into the air. While she had perhaps gotten greedy the work of all the teams had restored Facility S4D-5; the daemon purged, the blade sealed away and the power generators working again to help provide servitor support for hte mechanicus in cleaning up the dead and restoring security.
Her haul of pilfered weapons was stashed away on the shuttle and no doubt Inquisitor Griegor would still reward her handsomely for the information gained from data-spirits and both her and Adept Shanas' vid-logs...

This was the campaign day ran at Dark Sphere by Marcoskoll last weekend.
Dark Sphere was a great venue and although turnout was on the quiet side i think it all went well; Marco did great work with expanding Lachesis and i think the slightly randomness of the scenarios allowed us both to play and have fun!
I think the first two scenarios missed the opportunity to engage players due to non-conflicting objectives, something possibly fixed with Plotcards.

Also having players picking the games they played did limit mixing up the games as i didn't face Leah or Kraznor!

all in all though was a great time and worked smoothly; hope everyone else enjoyed it too!

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Thanks for sharing the write up Gav. Nice photos too - they really help those of us who couldn't make it see what we missed out on.

Whose are the zombies? Are they scratch builds or available from somewhere?

Can I link to the write up through the Carthaxian Inquisitor facebook page?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

of course; i don't know if any of the opponents agree with my account! :lol:

the zombies are plastic single piece ones;
http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Zombie-Army-Figures/dp/B0014XR1YK/ref=pd_sxp_redirect
a quick paintjob and a dashing of red works well :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quotesent electric socks through her arm
Damn that energised footwear!

QuoteDark Sphere was a great venue and although turnout was on the quiet side i think it all went well; Marco did great work with expanding Lachesis and i think the slightly randomness of the scenarios allowed us both to play and have fun!
I think the first two scenarios missed the opportunity to engage players due to non-conflicting objectives, something possibly fixed with Plotcards.

Also having players picking the games they played did limit mixing up the games as i didn't face Leah or Kraznor!
Those are valid criticisms. By way of response, I'll admit that both were part of my desire to experiment (with the hope that the ideas might prove useful for Legacy).

The plot cards suffered for my lack of time to properly expand the deck you sent over. I felt it needed more cards for the expected (although not exactly achieved) size of the event, but I failed to come up with enough options I liked in time - mostly because I'd been working on things like the Evidence deck, which I was looking at as a method of telling the wider story of a plot (you may have noticed that some of the evidence cards were  adapted from your original end-game sheets).

As far as the pick-and-choose games, I wanted to try a more contiguous narrative between games and give players the sense of an element of control in the story, rather than just being whisked along in by a schizophrenic mish-mash of scenarios.
It was perhaps less important for Lachesis, where the whole thing was built with relatively similar scenarios (I recall you originally said something about the Eramus Affair having too many things going on for players to follow all of it, or at least that's what I understood), but for other events that kind of contiguous narrative could be important.

But yes, taken on board.

(In other news, actually expect me to post some kind of event debrief at some point, but I'm not sure when!)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i was impressed by the amount of handouts you did; while i knew the plot i hope the other players peiced together what was going on :)

i'm waiting to see more pics :lol: i likes pictures :)

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

Plot cards would have helped by giving people opposing objectives (although you can then run into the issue of why would my particular character want to release a daemon? etc.). I think the biggest problem was (judging from the people I played against anyway) that everyone brought primarily Imperial aligned groups who had little reason to oppose each other, especially as it was an investigation into a mysterious event rather than trying to take control of/eliminate a person, thing or organisation. Perhaps next time we can mention which group of characters we're intending to bring and their allegiances before the event so we get a more diverse range of groups with naturally opposing interests.