Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Omnissiah directs our footsteps - Mechanicus WIPS.

Started by seaglen, January 06, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

Thanks! The drum mag is from the flash gitz box - I have a friend who gave me her odds and ends from it as she collects orks. The only thing left on this model now is the scrolling on the pauldrons.

Unless you good people can spot anything else?

Inquisitor Vale

Inspirational work -- particularly the scroll. The Flash Gitz ammo box works perfectly.

If I may ask (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery  :)), is the cut to mount the bolter made slightly back onto the circular arm-joint? If you look at the second photo on your most recent illustrated post, the round elbow-pivot now looks like it has had a section chopped off. I imagine this gives a flat area on which to mount the gun.

Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

RobSkib

Great work! Super creepy, this is definitely going on my wishlist of things to pick up when I win the Euromillions.

Have you worked with guitar/bass wire before? It's a personal preference, but I like to festoon my AdMech models with cables and tubes running hither and thither. I feel it would tie everything together with just a few popping out the back of the skull or from the targeter of the gun.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

seaglen

QuoteIf you look at the second photo on your most recent illustrated post, the round elbow-pivot now looks like it has had a section chopped off.

Yes I did notice that myself, but it's a minor error I am happy to live with ! :)

QuoteHave you worked with guitar/bass wire before?

I haven't yet, but do plan on using it in the future, as I play guitar and my strings actually need changing!

seaglen

Slight update to this miniature, with the final touches of cogwork on the pauldrons:

I am still very undecided on what to do on the scrolling on the inner part of the pauldron, and have just left it beige for the moment - any Ideas?

Lord Borak

Looking very nice so far. I say go for bone on the scrolls - the same as his head. You don't want to overload the model with too many colours.

mcjomar

I'd agree - I fine bone is my favourite colour when doing parchment anyway, and it'll fit right in with the rest of the model - which is fantastic by the way.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

Thanks for the feedback - I am thinking I will keep it bone. I just need ideas for the script on it. Do I go Gothic, with things like "Imperator Rex Mechanicum" etc, or do I go for something a little more binaric/techy?

mcjomar

Probably keep it as pseudo-latin, as the Mechanicus would want to keep binary secret from outsiders would be my guess.
Binary seems to be used for transmission and coding anyway, as we still see a lot of latin style names from the Mechanicus.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

I had an odd pith helmet lying around from an old historic mini I must have bought ages ago, and it instantly screamed out to be used...

Having a think, it looked pretty good as a base for a new skitarii mini to add to my mechanicus!
https://images.app.goo.gl/ebdmskBBms4nXLHk7

After adding ears from the barrels of plasma pistols, the bottom half of the gas mask guardsman head and a new rebreather grill, it looks more or less like the new 40k skitarii !

The rest of the model is taking shape out of a modded slick Declan torso and covenant legs.
I also repurposed the thorian inquisitors backpack for the beginning of the skitarri war gear.
Just need an arc rifle now...

mcjomar

That's a good bit of bashing - the backpack is currently my favourit part, with the helmet a close second.
For the gun, if you've got the old lasgun, that might make a tolerable beginning. Bonus points if you cross it with the bounty hunter rifle (if that's available). After that, you'll need to steal liberally from the AdMech tank sections for guns (maybe the dune crawler?)

seaglen

Thanks!
Trying to get the helmet slit in was tricky - it might need narrowing:

I may fill it with milliput and then cut a finer slot in after.

The Lasgun is a good base - I've g out a recast I made of the bionic arm too - so very admech!

I'm trying to get to this by the end:

And am here presently

Comments welcome!

seaglen

And whilst I've been waiting to do some sculpting on other models, I finally got round to my Magos Biologis.

Based off of the Thorian body (trimmed the head off, and sunk Delphan Gruss' between the shoulders - god this guy is tall!)

Added a Eversor claw arm, and parts from a dark elf talos for some extra levels of creepy surgeon vibe:

I'll be painting the robes red, but the parts meant to be parchment on the Thorian will be painted to look like a  white surgical apron.

MoeGee

We live through strange days
society's have become polarized. Not just in politics but across all culture. There's anger at the inequality and ever growing corruption and a wide spread distrust of elites. Yet at the same time, there's a paralysis. a sense that no one knows how to escape from this.

cymrilian

i agree. that thorian looks great. really suits admech