Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community sculpting project: Crusader - WIP

Started by Cortez, April 29, 2016, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

I like it! I think £25 would be reasonable, depending on the quality of the print ofc. I'm a personal fan of sparseness of gubbinz (technical term) so I have plenty of space to add my own.

Are you likely to do an alternate/removable head? I appreciate it's sticking it close to the source material, but I'd quite like my armoured ladies to have armoured heads too.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

I could potentially do a different armoured head. I'd have to re-shape the hair of the current head to make it interchangeable as it's currently designed as one piece with the hair touching the armour. Alternatively if I sell via Shapeways I could just sell them as two different sculpts as they're printed to order.

Edit: Making it so I could swap the heads was pretty easy. I've reshaped the hair so it no longer touches the armour:

I've also finished the backpack design. I'm going to keep this as a separate part so you can either use it or not.

As you can see I've kept it pretty simple in design.

mcjomar

That's very nice work so far.
I like the gun, as it also seems to be one where - if you shortened the barrels - it could be a good double barreled shotgun.
If you decided to make it as a separate 54mm weapon for scale, I'd probably be interested in grabbing one.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

Have shape ways got any more reasonable about print costs and what they pay the owner/uploaded of the designs they sell yet?

RobSkib

I'm not overly fond of the flame motif around the robe, but it's a personal preference and one I can amend with a bit of filing and elbow grease. How do you take my money for this?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

Optional Helmet design.

Not 100% happy with the helmet, possibly a bit too star warsish.

I think I'm going to leave the Flame design on the hem off.

mcjomar

It's very mandalorian, yes.
Possibly swap the visor style look for the tempestus style bionic glasses look?
It would also make sense - cameras on the outside, vr goggles on the inside, so the helm is armoured all the way around, instead of a nice glass-covered hole up in front begging to be shot at.
Alternately I've been wondering how the original RT era beakie would have evolved if it hadn't turned into the stormtrooper-esque grille we've come to know and love.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Why not try for a more 'Sisters of Battle' style helmet? (that'd be awesome). Otherwise she's looking great.

+1 for leaving the flame motif off.  ;)

Cortez

mcjomar

The only issue now is with the "mouth grille" but that's just my subjective tastes - she's very female knightly, so I'd be tempted to pull the nose and mouth out, similar to the GK terminator "face" and/or have the vents only on one side - probably the left, to keep with the GW style for that sort of thing.
A little gubbins on the left/right might also add to it a little.
Maybe a camera, or an antenna or something?

Cortez

I was definitely thinking of adding some gubbins to the helmet.

I quite like the grey knight helmet idea, but I think it would need a completely different design for the eyes and sides of the helmet. Looks like there'll be several extra head options!

mcjomar

Quite true! She's a fantastic bit of work, and I can't wait to see the real-world result!

TallulahBelle

Cortez

My original plan was to use the power sword from my tech adept model. However having tried the design on the model I don't like the way it looks, so the question is what weapon(s) would people like?

I was thinking of sculpting a chainsword, but I could sculpt a chain axe or power axe instead, or would a plain bog standard weapon be preferable? I could potentially have 2 or 3 options if I'm sufficiently inspired (there'll be three or four head options now, why not several sidearms too).

Cortez