Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Enemy Without

Started by Van Helser, June 05, 2016, 01:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Having wrapped up Xanthite and Chaos minis for now, I am turning my attention to the Ordo Xenos and their enemies. I think that this Ordo and their alien foes are under-represented in my collection, and aren't often seen at WHW meet ups. At some point I will get cracking on the Monodominant Sourcebook, and would like to devote a section to the Ordo Xenos, as someone is going to have to rid the galaxy of the filthy xenos species that stand in the way of man's divine right to the stars!

I have a couple of WIP models that have been kicking around for a while, and these will form the first part of this project. The first is Vektor Tern, a ship's captain that has links to the Cold Trade in xenos artefacts, and the second is an as yet unnamed, overweight and probably past it gunslinger.

This project will (eventually) include a genestealer cult, tau infiltrators, the eldar corsair Derellieth, a Deathwatch killteam, necrons, and my pet project, The Schest. The latter are a plaque upon the Carthax sector, whose motivations are only just being discovered!

So, enjoy the next five years worth of procrastination and occasional updates folks!

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

The Captain looks the part. Flashy and Heroic. What is his power fist from? The gun slinger looks a little 'off' for some reason. I don't think his legs really match up with his torso - It may be that they're too thin or his body to long? Otherwise he's good but straighten those gun barrels out first ;)

mcjomar

Hmm, I didn't notice the body thing - I was too focused on the wrists.
Could be the angle of the photo though.

Still, maybe he's a mutant gunslinger?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

Oh yeah, the barrels are wayyyyy off. They've been bugging me since I started trying parts together. They will be sorted, and there's some sculpting and shortening of the forearms needed too. I know what you mean about the torso/legs ratio looking wrong. I think it is because his belly hangs down below the level of the belt on the trousers, but the loin cloth makes the groin look lower as well. I may have a closer look.

The power fist? I guess you mean the right hand, which comes from the Crime Lord. It is chunkier than the left though... Hmmm, maybe it will need to be a powerfist to explain the discrepancy!

Ruaridh

Van Helser

Slight update -  I have begun some repositioning work on the gunslinger.

I think he looks better proportioned now, and looks like he means more business.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Looking much better. Have you done anything to the waist line? I can't tell if you have or not but the proportions seem better. Might be the angle if not! What colour scheme were you thinking?

Radu Lykan

This out of shape gunslinger reminds me of pronto from slug terra,(it's ok, I have a daughter who watches it :) )
He has some good motion in him like he is swinging his guns round to fire on separate targets.
Interested to see that list develop

Van Helser

I have removed about 3mm of Milliput I was using to raise the torso from the legs, so it should be sitting lower. I need to fill in the gap under his belly now.

I'm not sure on colours. I have been working on a really clean white on a display piece which would be nice to replicate, but I don't think it really fits this model. Could go really far out and have him in tartan!

Having just googled Pronto from Slugterra, blue and white hoops with a red neckerchief is not that bad a scheme to copy either!

Ruaridh

mcjomar

The arm improvements look a lot better. I can't really tell with the torso but it seems to sit better now.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

Well I've been neglecting Inquisitor models for too long.  Started painting Vektor Tern, ship's captain, smuggler, Cold Trade merchant, and person of interest to the Ordo Xenos yesterday, and reckon I have him finished. 

I am quite out of practice painting at 54mm, but I'm reasonably happy with how he's turned out.  The lettering on his coat went on first time which was nice though.  It reads: Astra-Navis-Pecunium-Fidem, or Stars-Ship-Wealth-Faith (thank you google translate).

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Great stuff mate. He came out top-notch. The white coat is especially well done. Is his right hand the Crime Lord hand?

realitybytes16

Very nicely done. I like the use of the Bounty Hunter body on Kal Jericho's legs, very cool.

Did you really finish him in just a day?

Cortez

Awesome model. I like the choice of parts to make something unique.

Van Helser

The right arm is indeed from the Crime Lord.

The model has about 8 hours of work in it. It was started on Saturday and finished on Sunday.

I'm a firm believer that there are still combinations of parts that we haven't seen yet in 16 years of Inquisitor modelling. These bits just went together really well.

Ruaridh