Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Gaming Aids

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 05, 2009, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

It seems that's popular, so I've modified it slightly to get this:

A softer grey on the verticals (enough to still be perceptible, but slightly less in the way), and making use of Word's diagonal borders. (Diagonal borders aren't supported by OpenOffice or versions of Word prior to 2000, but those cells will just appear blank instead).

Of course, the question is whether it's better than the old one. If it's more awkward, then it's not worth having the hit location numbers on there - many games will have someone around who can remember these well enough to call them out on the fly anyway.

I'm tempted to say it is better - even without the location ranges, it does feel a lot easier to navigate (particularly when compared to the ill-aligned and self-referential official version). I think I'll probably still make versions of my sheet available both ways though.

Expect to see that once I actually work out what (if anything) to do with the extra space from the now absent hit location chart.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I think that is by far and away the best layout and formating for the injury table. My one suggested alteration would be whenever a characteristic abbreviation is mentioned (S, WS, BS) that it should be in bold to help legibility. This only really applies to Arms/Serious, but I do think in a text-heavy cell, it helps clarity to the eye.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

It doesn't suddenly demand anything has to break onto another line, so I can add some bold text.

It has occurred to me (well, since the first version, to be honest) I could cut the "Prone" results from any level that also includes Stunning. These are technically carried over to higher injury levels from the lower ones, but they become redundant given Stunning knocks models prone anyway.

Not sure it's easier on the memory, but it is definitely neater in this layout.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right, here we go:

Quick Reference V1.1.
Adds a couple of additional rules like Falling and Knockback over V1.0, still comes with this location table.

Quick Reference V1.2.
Adds more additional rules, replaces the original location table with this one* instead.
*Disclaimer: Not all programs support diagonal "borders" (e.g. OpenOffice or particularly old versions of Word), these cells will be blank instead.

Psychic Reference V1.1
Same info as V1, but has had the aesthetics changed and is a bit easier on the eye.

Given how much I've written at this point, I've added a sub-folder on the Skoll Archive to separate the articles and player aids I've written: Marco's Stuff. As usual, this can be found via the link in my signature.

GW's =I= articles