Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Gaming Aids

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 05, 2009, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

please post in this thread any files useful to Inquisitor Gamers

Kasthan's GM Sheets, available in Detailed Layout and Printer Friendly versions

Fragmatic's printable Range Rulers

Fragmatic's Counters
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Fragmatic

We have a sticky thread! Yaaay :)

I've finally finished the rest of the range bands for the rulers and updated the file on the website. The link now points to the new, 3 page PDF. There are still more goodies to come, so stay tuned :)

Kallidor

I just posted these up for someone and since I don't think they're around anywhere else here's Heidfeld's Twenty Questions.

• Where is your character from? Be specific, not just a planet or a city.

• Does your character have a family? Give details; who are they?

• What does your character look like? Not numbers or clothing but style, looks, et cetera

• How does your character dress? Does their wardrobe contain twenty identical outfits or do they have dress-up/dress-down clothes? Go mad, look in your own wardrobe for ideas.

• Does your character have physical quirks, ticks or habits? Does he sweat profusely when nervous? does he scratch himself in unflattering places or chew his fingernails? has his nose been broken and never set properly?

• Where did your character learn their skills? Where did they first shoot a gun, wield a sword et cetera?

• What else does your character know, stuff that doesn't come into the combats like a passion for Terran Wines for example. Where did he learn it? How did it develop?

• Where did he get his goodies?

• Where does your character live? Again, be specific.

• Who does your character know? Some of these may be warband members, others not. Detail them, do the twenty questions for them if you have time.

• Who are your character's enemies? Does he have any? Or are enemies something that will only come in here? If so, What are your character's primary threat. Tyranids? Eldar? Mutants? Psykers?

• How did your character develop their psychic abilities; a special question, if your character is a wyrd or non-psychic you have one less question to answer.

• What are your character's likes and dislikes? Is he nervous of space travel? Does he hate cabbage? Does he love to drive ground cars at ludicrous speeds?

• What is your character's Moral Code? Where does he draw the line? Where does radicallism or puritanism become Heresy?

• Does your character have goals? Is he a point and shoot weapon for the heirachy or is the vaguest hint of Ork stink going to have him running off to find Orkimedes?

• Does your character have personal beliefs? Does he follow the Imperial creed to the letter? Is he a Thorian et cetera?

• Does your character have any personality quirks? Is he Arrogant? Humble? Laid back? Stressed out? Opinionated? Superstitious? Paranoid?

• How did your character become an <Inquisitor/Rogue Trader/Arbite/Whatever>?

• How does he see his role? Is he a crusading knight? A subtle schemer? A Diplomat?

• Are you happy with that? If not - go back and change things. If you are then congratulations, you're done.

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kasthan

Hi since I've had now 100 downloads of the fancy ones I was wondering how people were getting on with the GM sheets?
Are they actually of any use? In addition are there any modifications or extras you would like to see on them?
Thanks.
Alex

Vladimir

Could we get a link to the Conclave Standard thread here as well? Might be useful...
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Vladimir on June 26, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Could we get a link to the Conclave Standard thread here as well? Might be useful...
which one?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Vladimir

The one that gets linked to whenever sombody posts a particularly overpowered character.
You know, this one.
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

MarcoSkoll

I ran into something today I thought I'd share with you. Courtesy of fyuvix on deviantART, this is in the same vein as the "Twenty Questions" above, but a lot more in-depth. It's not designed for 40k, so there will be a few questions that don't apply.

Long version - 400+ questions.
Short(er) Version - only 300 or so.

I haven't yet had the chance to use it yet myself, but I've skim read through and I'm already looking to go over it with most, if not all, of my characters - but I am of course an irredeemable masochist who enjoys torturing myself in the pursuit of character development.

It should be very useful if you're the kind of person who wants to go more in-depth with their characters, but doesn't know what kind of questions to ask. And even if you're not that mad, I'd still recommend taking a look - it might well spark some ideas.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

GAZKUL

this is probably too minor to be worth this but a good name generator is Google Translate, random words translated into different languages, particularly Latin, Italian and Japanese(fonetic) sound reasonaly realistic.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Alta

German and Russian work quite well as well.
Translate is good, but a better Character namer is this:
http://www.malleus.dk/Ordo/NameGenerator.aspx

This isn't as good, but you can still get some really good names out of it:
http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/dark-heresy/name-generator.shtml
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

MarcoSkoll

Namewise, it's worth pointing out "Behind The Name" has a Random Generator.
Select some appropriate categories and randomise until you see something you like (I usually get it to randomise 4 at once, then pick out whichever ones I like best). It's where most of my names come from, unless I've got a particular name in mind for whatever reason.
Quite a few of the names Behind the Name throws up can be put into service as surnames (with or without modification) but alternatively, lists of surnames can also be found across the internet.

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Where's the range ruler for classes F-I
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Fragmatic

The range rulers are in three separate files and J is split between them to make printing easier. Anyway, here you go:

The second sheet (D-F)
The third sheet (G-I)

I don't know how long these will be online, though. The files are on my uni website and I've graduated since so it's probably just a matter of time before they take my account offline. However, I'm going to put together a site for all my gaming related stuff soon so if you guys find these files useful then I'll combine the three files & host them there.

Kaled

Evening all,

Brither Brimstone and I have just played a couple of games and I have a few things to talk about in the way of gaming aids.  Firstly, we used some of the counters Fragmatic posted earlier in the thread - they worked pretty well, but they're mostly for things that I either mark down elsewhere or have no trouble remembering.  I could definitely recommend them for new players as they're a pretty useful reminder.  The main downside the the cramp I got in my hand cutting them all out.

The second thing I did, which was so simple I don't know why I didn't do it earlier, was to print out the reference sheet at A5 instead of A4.  This made it much easier to handle and meant it didn't take up as much space on the table and is something I'd definitely recommend it to everyone (except perhaps those with less good eyesight as it does make the text rather small).

Both Brimstone and I were using different character sheets to cut down on the amount of paper we brought to the table; he used Marco's one that fits three or four characters on one sheet of paper and I used some small character sheets that I'd made to fit in plastic CD sleeves so I could write on them with dry-wipe markers.  It did mean I got ink on my fingers but otherwise worked really well and the small size meant they hardly took up any room at the edge of the table.  Again, this is something that is definitely worthwhile.

Finally, rather than listing all the characters Speeds and Initiatives on a piece of paper and then covering it with arrows as they get injured etc, I made up a set of cards showing each character's name Speed and Initiative, put them in order and simply flipped through the deck as each turn progresses.  This meant, for example, that if a character's Speed dropped due to injury I could simply move their card down to the appropriate place in the deck.  And if a character went out of action I could remove their card.  Each card also had a section for notes where I could track things affecting the character (for example, being stunned).  The bottom card in the deck was different and marked the end of a turn and listed the most common end of turn actions so they didn't get forgotten.

The system worked rather well I think and I'll probably continue to use it.  It also has the advantage that it reduces the set-up time at the start of the game as the GM can get each player to fill in a card for each of their PCs rather than having to go round the table making a list of everyone's Speeds and Initiatives.

Anyway, I hope there's something there that's of use to people...

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on January 08, 2012, 06:47:32 PMI made up a set of cards showing each character's name Speed and Initiative, put them in order and simply flipped through the deck as each turn progresses.
I've done something similar before. Definitely worthwhile, although unfortunately I keep forgetting to bring any cards to the Conclave events!

One variation I'd like to try is using a different colour paper for each player, which should make it easier to keep track of who's got to go next and get them thinking before their actual turn.

GW's =I= articles