Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Gaming Aids

Started by greenstuff_gav, October 05, 2009, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Those cards would be a great addition to the game - if they were filled out pre-event by all players it would certainly speed up the pre-game amble. Anything that can provide more gaming time has to be good.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Kaled's turn order cards are now available here.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Thanks Marco.  I've updated them slightly from the versions I showed before - partly to make them a little prettier, but mostly to make them a bit bigger so they're now roughly playing card sized.

Hope people find them useful.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Optimal table assignments for events.

I worked on these for the IGT, but I realised that posting them in the GT thread is probably going to get them lost, so I'm adding them here for people to find more easily in future.

These assume four players per table if possible, three if not. Underlined numbers are GMs.

~~~~~

9-12 Players on three tables:

Game 1: 1,6,7,12 - 2,4,5,8 - 3,9,10,11
Game 2: 1,4,7,9 - 2,3,6,11 - 5,8,10,12
Game 3: 1,3,6,8 - 2,4,9,10 - 5,7,11,12
Game 4: 1,2,5,11 - 3,4,7,10 - 6,8,9,12

If no player #11, put #3 in his place in game three.
If no player #10 either, put #4 in his place in game one, and #7 in his place in game two.
Randomise the GMing slots of any absent players.

Notes: Some attendees meet twice, but due to the GMing order, nobody plays together twice.

EDIT: As a natural consequence of people needing to meet twice, missing attendees may require some people to GM for the same players twice:
If #10 missing, #4 may GM for #7 twice.
If #11 missing, #2 may GM for #5 twice.
If #12 missing, #8 may GM for #6 twice.

There's no solution for this (four people from three tables means at least two have already met, players #1 to 9 have all GMed by the fourth round, so three people are meeting a previous GM in their final round) beyond trying to find other players in those games willing to volunteer or make sure #2, 4 or 8 are the players best prepared for GMing for the same player twice.

~~~~~

12-16 players on four tables:

Game 1: 1,5,9,13 - 2,6,10,14 - 3,7,11,15 - 4,8,12,16
Game 2: 1,7,10,16 - 2,8,9,15 - 3,5,12,14 - 4,6,11,13
Game 3: 1,8,11,14 - 2,7,12,13 - 3,6,9,16 - 4,5,10,15
Game 4: 1,6,12,15 - 2,5,11,16 - 3,8,10,13 - 4,7,9,14

If players #13-16 missing, all should be well, other than needing to randomise GMs in round 4.

Notes: No attendees meet twice.

~~~~~

Solutions for two or five tables will come at some point when I'm less busy. Six will come in the case we ever look like we're going to have more than 20 attendees at an event.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

After too many delays, here's the new V2 Economy Character Sheet. This can be used like the old V1 sheet, printed out at A4 size - but si a little more slick in some of its layout choices and would come with a second sheet for listing ability/equipment descriptions.

However, it's designed to be printed out at half scale on two sides on one sheet, and be used like a little booklet:

Compared to V1, half the table space, but now with all the ability and equipment descriptions too. Sharp pencil required, of course, but quite usable, even for someone with messy handwriting like me.

It was designed somewhat in response to seeing how Molotov had added Psychic powers sections and therefore had sometimes had to use an entire side for one character (hence the addition of the descriptions "inner"), and partly after Kaled's idea to print the Quick Ref sheet at half size.

There is also, in theory, a V3 sheet I'm working on, which rearranges things further and therefore manages to squeeze a full six characters on, but I haven't really had the chance to finish or test that yet.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

nice work - to my mind though things could be compacted even more if there was a single "armoury" table where everyone's weapon stats were, with weapons listed in name only under the character's own stats just like Abilities and Psychic Powers.

This way characters that only have 1 pistol to their name, don't take up 8 empty rows on the page. This would probably allow you to fit 3 characters to a page side.

From a more personal standpoint, I think mixing in the 4 "new" characteristics with the others is odd and that they should stay at the top as they are, but moved to the left as a separate box on the sheet.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

QuoteThis would probably allow you to fit 3 characters to a page side.
Actually, I used an Alpha version of a V3 sheet at the INQvitational, which was designed for six characters. With rearranging, I managed to keep basically everything that's on there as is without making anything too small. Still usable at A5 size, provided you have a sharp pencil.

I prefer to keep the weapons with their characters though, as the aim is not only compactness but also speed of play, and having to keep tracking all over the page to remember who has which weapons, mark off fired shots, etc, might prove a little less slick.
(And, to be honest, there aren't a mass of characters who have only one pistol and no other "other equipment")

From here, more rearranging might allow eight characters to a sheet or something, but that'd be a very situational benefit and would be to the disadvantage of most users. If anyone REALLY needs that much space, it's not a sin to print out four on each of two V2 sheets.

As far as the "new" characteristics (assuming you mean Base Injury Value, System Shock, Consciousness and Knockback), the only thing about them that might be new is the abbreviations. While they are derived stats, they see regular use (and appear on the official character sheet) and I can't see that breaking them off to a different part of the sheet would confer any real benefit.

In any case, expect to see the V3 sheet at some point. I need to check some of the page formatting before it becomes a full release.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

It's still slightly beta, but here is the V3 Economy sheet, designed for six characters.

I've had to do a lot of interesting formatting on this, so if you pick up on any formatting errors, kindly point them out. (But bear in mind, a lot of the cases where the top/bottom of letters appear to have been cut off is only on screen, and will sort itself out when printed.)

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

This hasn't the same pizazz as some of my other files, but I've put together a new version of the Inquisitor quick reference sheet:

http://www.mediafire.com/?noqk968j3oeum3s

It's not as pretty, but it has a few benefits (or at least what I see as benefits) over the official one.

- It's up to date with the V1.1 LRB. I've corrected known mistakes and included errata: full auto, flame weapons, a brief reminder of the up-close rules, the new hit location table, etc.
-  It fits a bit more on it. It's got a reminder of end of turn stuff, common armour/cover values and reminders of some of the Revised Armoury's common rules.
- I've re-formatted the injury tables. They're no longer a lot of "As Heavy" or "As Serious, plus character is bleeding" , it just lists those actual effects as concisely as possible. I've always wondered whether this would be easier, so time to find out.
- I found the space to make the list of hearing ranges a little easier on the eye. (And easier to find!)
- It's probably easier on ink, as it doesn't use solid black headers.

Exact order and layout is a bit of a work in progress, but I'll probably need to play a game or three with it to know how I want to change that.

~~~~~

The file is "protected", mostly to stop people accidentally changing things, but there's no password if you wish to unlock it and deliberately change things.

Next on my list of cutting time overheads on Inquisitor games is probably a quick reference of the rulebook psychic powers.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Psychic reference sheet, which covers all 34 powers from the rulebook: http://www.mediafire.com/?johw1yviukagtaj

If you find any mistakes* (which applies to the above post too), tell me.
*Not that I've called the disciplines "Biokinesis" and "Pyrokinesis", that's deliberate.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Pop quiz!

This is the location damage table as in my updated reference sheet:

This is an alternative idea I've had:

(I blame missing the "T test for head hits" note off this chart on writing it up from memory - this would be fixed).

It's a more radical departure from the original method, but combines the hit location table and the location damage table into one, saving on how many tables have to be consulted. Which do people prefer?

Beyond that, condensed weapon charts are still on the way, as and when I feel motivated. If I can get those down to one side (I'm not sure I can), I'll combine the rules, psychic and weapons references into one document, and then it can be printed as a merry little A5 pamphlet for all one's Inquisitor referencing needs.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

The first one strikes me as being easier to read. The second one looks cluttered, although it does have the advantage of having the hit location numbers.

Have you tried putting grid lines into #2?

MarcoSkoll

I have. I tend to try and avoid gridlines in a lot of cases, because it is overwhelming on the eye, but it's not too bad in a grey.

Something that might make it easier on the eye, if you don't need to reinforce the boundaries to draw the eye, would be centring the cells as well:
Just horizontally
Both horizontally and vertically
Centred both ways, without the vertical dividers

I think my choice might be for either of the last two. The former might be less likely to get "lost" on, but the latter does appear less cluttered. (Although, maybe a compromise, with a lighter grey?)

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Cortez

I agree with Koval, the second option is the easiest to read.