Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rebuilding a collection

Started by goodshipalbion, January 20, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realitybytes16

I just realised this, but its weird how well 28mm grenades scale with 54mm minis. I guess it's because the 28mm hands are heroic scale and thus larger in proportion?

MarcoSkoll

It's actually true of lots of GW's 28mm weapons on non-heroic 54mm scale models. My 54mm sculpts use more delicate and realistic proportions than GW's own range (with many of my models based on the more realistic style used in GW's art) and many of them use 28mm weapons - albeit sometimes modified with slightly larger grips or stocks, or perhaps spliced together from two weapons.

I have sometimes scratch built weapons such as when I did the Mordant "Acid Dog" (whose Triplex lasgun is fairly large in the art), but I do find myself doing that less than just heading to my bits box.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

goodshipalbion

Quote from: seaglen on January 26, 2017, 06:46:57 PM
lovely pose, looks very stern.

as for colour scheme, id base the imperial navy on a blue tunic, cream trousers look:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hxHsOLO0ol8/TwMe1bIj3VI/AAAAAAAAAJM/BcBW2tKnnEk/s1600/m2360169_P5Mb5.jpg

That's exactly the look I'm going for ....Great pic thanks :)

I'll try and get some more pics up soon as the collection is growing coming soon :
Arco flagerant
Chrono gladiator
Genestealer
3x elite naval troops
4x ice world guard
Hospitaller
Catachan
Gunslingers
Commissar
Mutant
And maybe an inquisitor or two :)

goodshipalbion

So made some progress :)
Bought the halo figures and converted up some navy boarders in Eva combat armour:

goodshipalbion

Arco flagerant off here we'll eBay, with buzz saw swap:

Lord Borak

Come good stuff here mate. Keep the updates coming :D I have the Arco sitting on my desk ready to paint but just haven't had the time (60hr weeks :()

goodshipalbion

Chrono gladiator....tehnolog figure with the Arco buzzsaw and a robogear claw plus some necron gubbins:

goodshipalbion

Polar guardsman by tehnolog, was going to convert these a bit but tbh they are pretty much perfect as is although might press mold some Aquila's etc for them at some point:

goodshipalbion

The new genestealer patriarch with a bit of reposing and removal of spines / spikes makes a good 54mm genestealer:

goodshipalbion

Tehnolog pirate with some weapon swaps makes a great rogue trader:

goodshipalbion

Trooper with fancy pistol, headswap and a daemons blade (metal archon sword) makes a nice radical inquisitor:

Lord Borak

Some very cool stuff mate. The Technolog models are quite nice. I had originally ignored them because of the quality but the Pirate is actually quite nice. Where is the pistol from on the Inquisitor.

The buzz saw off the Arco-flag. Where is that from?

MarcoSkoll

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

goodshipalbion

Quote from: Lord Borak on January 28, 2017, 12:22:49 PM
Some very cool stuff mate. The Technolog models are quite nice. I had originally ignored them because of the quality but the Pirate is actually quite nice. Where is the pistol from on the Inquisitor.

The buzz saw off the Arco-flag. Where is that from?

Thanks very much the tehnolog stuff is pretty good for soft plastic and can't find 54mm stuff any cheaper really

The pistol is a cut down plastic space marine scout sniper rifle.

realitybytes16

Where can I buy tehnolog stuff? Some of it looks alright.