Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inq54 models - WiPs n Finisheds o.O

Started by JanuineVision, August 30, 2017, 03:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanuineVision

Hey there folks, 
  Have been sloooooooooooowly collecting and painting up the stunning models from my favourite ever GW range.  Time is always against me but I think we all suffer from that!!! Here's where I've got to so far. Oh - I do have a question for those more in teh know than I - can you suggest a good site/blog/list etc that lists all the models in the range with details - ie sculptor etc. I found an awesome one the other week and like a complete eejit  - forgot to bookmark it. It had all the models plus details on them. 'collecting citadel' resource is great for checking all the pieces that came witheach model (esp when buying from ebay) but any others would be really appreciated. Anyways  - here's what I've done so far ... I'll just put in the collages pics so as not to send everyone in a coma of boredom!! If you wnat to see more just check out my Flickr. Same username :)

First one I did HAD to be one Eisenhorn. I re-read the trilogy (for the umpteenth time) while painting him.

Now ya just can't paint up Lord Gregor without giving him his nemesis to stand with him - the beauty and malice that is Cherubael!

Finally - just finished the other week was Brother Artemis. First time doing a large freehand piece like that. Worked out ok I thnk

Anyways great to be here and thanks for looking in. Any C&C or questiosns, please go for it :D

Lord Borak

Holy f................ Those are quite possibly the best painted Inquisitor models I have ever seen.

MarcoSkoll

Those are indeed absolutely stunning. The eyes on Artemis in particular are unbelievable.

Quote from: JanuineVision on August 30, 2017, 03:04:43 AMOh - I do have a question for those more in teh know than I - can you suggest a good site/blog/list etc that lists all the models in the range with details - ie sculptor etc.
I'm not aware of any single resource that collates pictures, parts and details in one, but this forum topic might be a useful supplement to the CCM Wiki, giving release dates and sculptors:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?277823-Games-Workshop-Inquisitor-Release-Timeline
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

JanuineVision

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 31, 2017, 01:05:07 AM
Those are indeed absolutely stunning. The eyes on Artemis in particular are unbelievable.

Quote from: JanuineVision on August 30, 2017, 03:04:43 AMOh - I do have a question for those more in teh know than I - can you suggest a good site/blog/list etc that lists all the models in the range with details - ie sculptor etc.
I'm not aware of any single resource that collates pictures, parts and details in one, but this forum topic might be a useful supplement to the CCM Wiki, giving release dates and sculptors:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?277823-Games-Workshop-Inquisitor-Release-Timeline

Thanks so much folks. They are and always being GWs showcase pieces for me so I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time painting each one. Nearly snagged the chronogladiator on eBay NiB the other week for a song but got sniped. :/
Anyways really glad you like them. Next up will be Severia and Sevora Devout. Thanks for the link too - very handy.  There is a webpage out there I found replete with photos and details of each model for the range and I'm raging now I never bookmarked it.  Idiot.  I do some Inq28 conversions from time to time which I'll post up when I get a chance.

JanuineVision

And with a little google-fu and some luck I found the site.  First one is really good for details and the like

http://miniset.net/sets/games-workshop/inquisitor

This one secondly is great for checking what pieces were in each kit when looking to make a buy from eBay and make sure all the correct pieces are coming with it. Something I wish I had when I got preacher Josef :/

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Inquisitor_54mm

Hope these are useful to some folk

Cheers

Jan.

mcjomar

For the eyes and freehand on Artemis is probably the best of the three (personal opinion, for what it's worth), but all three are fantastically done.
If you're not an 'eavy metal team member, and you're looking for work, I think you should probably apply with this level of ability!

I also like the base on Eisenhorn and Cherubael. It's interesting visually, without looking cluttered, messy, or as if the character is dragging half-a-battlefield of scenery around with them (something which bugs me in modern GW base design/basing), and is very fitting to the two pieces.

I also like your blending techniques across the minis.

I'm absolutely fascinated to see what you'll come up with when you show us some of your custom work  ;D.

RE: those two sites, members of this forum have also found them useful in the past for tracking parts and pieces for various collections.
It's given some of our collectors an idea for what is missing and what they need to get a full stock of parts.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Superb paintjobs.

Looking forward to seeing your take on the rest of the original models.

Pontifex

JanuineVision

Thanks very much all.  I'll be tackling the sisters Devout next I think.  Have some lovely mosaic bases for them.  Incidently, the bases I use are all from MicroArts Studios.  Moving from 54 to 28..... he's my Inq28 arco-flag I did a while ago. The base model was that free AoS model that White dwarf gave away. I dont do any sort of AoS stuff.........so decided to let the tech priests and chuirogeons have at him ;)

Ajax712 -  formerly a heretic and serial killer known simply as BlindEye - Inquisitor Polonius Danse, upon capturing him, thought of a more penitent and emperor blessed use for him then simple execution.

mcjomar

I've recently begun to look at microarts studios for all my miniature basing needs.
Those are some very nice bases they make.

RE: the new pic, I'm really liking the effects you've got with the skin.
And the custom nature of it in general - this is my bag (I love seeing fantastically converted models - better if they have a fantastic paintjob like this one).

The bionic eye (is this intentional?) makes me think of the "bionic" eyes in Thief 2: the Metal Age.
It's got that dirty look to the lens, which really seems to fit the feel. I don't know if this was a source of inspiration for you (and if not I'd recommend playing the core three games (Thief Gold/Dark Project, Metal Age, and Deadly Shadows), as they're fantastic for ideas).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

JanuineVision

cheers mcjomar. Thief 2?? Never heard of it. New one on me. 
The slaughterpriest conversion was a fun one. Wanted to make him look well worn and truely fearsome. Thanks to the admech kataphron kit - have soooooo much admech bits to play with. Wanted the skin to look ill and unhealthy but not totally dead or necrotic. He is maintained but certainly not venerated or prized. A tool to be kept working, nothing more nothing less. the flails were a lot of fun to make (actually just wire and greenstuff) and get the movement into.

RobSkib

Well hot damn, I never thought I'd see those original models painted up like that, especially not in such a fantastic manner. The photo editing is superb as well, the whole ensemble looks like it's straight out of a catalogue or rule book. Well bloody done sir/madam, those are utterly sublime.

I know we're not the most active/trendiest forum on the internets but we like to think that eventually all Inquisitor stuff slowly trickles back to us, so riddle me this - how is this the first time we're hearing of you?  ;D

I can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeves...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

Quote from: JanuineVision on September 05, 2017, 07:23:33 AM
cheers mcjomar. Thief 2?? Never heard of it. New one on me. 

Oh you're missing out, you really are! A fantastic set of games, available on Steam and Good Old Games, I consider them to be brilliant in and of themselves, and there's something about them which I think provides great inspiration. If you have any sort of gaming collection at all on PC, then they're a must have! First person stealth, oozing with atmosphere. I can't say I'd recommend the recent reboot though.

As another suggestion for inspiration (and ideas in general), I'd also suggest The Secret World MMO - tons of ideas that could readily appear in fantasy or 40k universes, both visually and in a story-related manner, with a soundtrack that is fantastic for that creeping grim horror feel which I find to be quite appropriate to the universe.

There are probably some other computer games out there that I'd consider mandatory for any gaming library that can add to the Inquisitor universe and ethos, but I can't think of them immediately off the top of my head.

Deus Ex perhaps (both classic and modern games), if only more for the themes and story, than for the tech or visuals.

JanuineVision

@robskib - Thanks so much for the kind words.   I only really just discovered The Conclave and love all the stuff here.  I mostly just paint as tabletop gaming out here in South Korea is just not really big at all. There is only one store that carries GW stuff in the whole county o.O I used to post more in DakkaDakka and still do a bit from time to time.  I stream painting over on Twitch a few times a week which is a lot of fun.  You can check out more of my stuff on Flickr or on Instagram (all are the same username as here).  I've been slowly collecting up the Inq54 models as much as possible and have a rather (un)healthy backlog of them to paint up!! Think The Sisters Devout by Brian Nelson will be the next to hit the painting desk! The photoediting btw is very very esily done. I use a free program called Photoscape from making the collages. Honestly very simple stuff but I like the look :)
I'm trying to work on two Inq28 warband at the mo - one for an Inquisitor's and the other a heretical religious group known as The White Friars. I've a lot of the background written but its just getting down to the builds which I need to find/make more time for. RL job, streaming and commission work leave little extra time but we'll get there!!!

@mcjomar - cheers - I'll defintely have to have a wee look at those and check them out.  Currently making my way through 'Little Nightmares'  lol

realitybytes16

This really is some incredible work. Very well done!