Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Arvus Pilot Sara Vordel

Started by mcjomar, October 04, 2017, 08:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

I think this is the hardest I've worked on a face yet.
I couldn't quite manage to get an iris into those eyes though, and I don't want to go back and try, because I'll probably fumble it and ruin everything.
Maybe next model...

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

realitybytes16

Nice mini! Is this a conversion or is there are 54mm company out there I don't know about? :D

And if it is a conversion, which parts did you use?

mcjomar

Just a weapon swap - the model itself is a 1/35 female us navy 54mm model, which can be dug up on ebay using those search terms or similar ones.
I swapped out the right hand for a cadian laspistol, and squeezes a space marine knife from a 2nd edition sprue into her left hand, and then decorated the base a tiny bit.
The rest is just painting.
This is a case of me seeing the sculpt and liking it too much to alter it much at all.
The only proper 40k callout is her laspistol, and the Inquisition symbol on her right arm.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

Looks great! Simple weapon swaps produce great NPCs. I'll echo my usual suggestions (read, personal preference) for "40king" models from other ranges though; bulking out the boots a bit, asymmetric shoulder pads, some cables or wiring (spare/used guitar wire ftw) or some bionics would really set her off nicely.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.