Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018)

Started by MarcoSkoll, October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

What's the planned schedule for the day?

Trying to decide on whether or not to do it as a day trip or stay overnight at my Brothers.

MarcoSkoll

That is something I'm still in the process of deciding, and it depends on feedback from the players and what the final ticket sales work out as.

As we're not limited to Warhammer World's hours, it's theoretically possible to push a bit later and get four rounds into the day without having to rush every round.

However, if several people tell me they'll have to race off fairly early, or I'm told we're expecting a fairly large turnout, I will keep it to three rounds. (In the case of the large turnout, so I can focus on just the strongest scenarios and will have more time to herd players between rounds).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Well if I was to do it as a day trip the last train is at 8.30 from Euston. Although it might be better if I aimed for the earlier train at 7.30.

MarcoSkoll

By the reckoning of the TfL website, it's a smidge over 40 minutes from the Olympic Stadium to Euston. Roll in some extra margin for finding your way around the site, and I reckon you'd need at least an hour to be safe.
Adding in a bit of packing up time and some leeway for potentially overrunning a few minutes, and I reckon that for a 19:30 Euston train, the event would have to aim to end at about 1800.

Ideally, I'd like to push an hour later than that (to 1900), as that should give time to fit four rounds into the day (although I haven't worked out the exact timings).
I'm still not exactly happy about the fact ticket pricing wasn't properly discussed with me, but an extra game would certainly help nudge things back in the right direction as far as people's expenditure to gaming ratios.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I'm only going to be making a day of it on saturday, so as long as I'm able to find a train home on saturday evening (london bridge/victoria to coulsdon south/town) then it's all good.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

I'd be quite happy to have a late-ish finish to get either more rounds or a more relaxed schedule, but I have an easy journey home with many trains until late.

What time is it likely to be starting?

MarcoSkoll

Either way, about ten o'clock, although I won't be surprised if we're late starting (as usual...)

If we're running four rounds, the overall schedule will probably look something like this:

Briefing1000-1015
Round 1: Initiation1015-1200
Lunch1200-1300
Round 2: Escalation1300-1445
Politics1445-1500
Round 3: Crisis1500-1645
Politics1645-1700
Round 4: Finale1700-1900

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

MarcoSkoll

I've had back the final ticket numbers - six for Saturday and four for Sunday, seven different people in all.

They're much lower than I would have liked, but it's enough to make an event out of, and I might even be able to re-rig things a bit to play up the inevitable rivalries that will come into play throughout the event.

(Unfortunately, although I was actually trying to track people down individually at one point, a lot of people weren't available. In some cases because they'll be at other LGT events - Hadriel Caine, for example, will probably come and see us at some point but has happened to win a ticket to another event).

~~~~~

Also, as a general request, can people offer any of the following as NPCs for the Saturday?

- Techpriest
- Preacher
- Models to be a crowd of civilians
- Chaos cultists or other plausibly heretical thugs/mercenaries

I'm not desperately reliant on any of these, but it will give me a wider choice of scenarios I can use (and thus vary the scenario progression depending on how the story is playing out so far).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Well that's a bit of a disappointing turnout.

I'm not sure what help I can be with the models as I didn't manage to complete any of my originally planned projects. I've got a few characters who will be usable as civilians though.

What scenery will we have to use?

I can bring some stuff, but with no parking I won't be able to bring most of my pieces. I will be able to bring some Sector Mechanicus terrain though and the old card necromunda terrain if it's needed.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on May 04, 2018, 01:22:38 PMWhat scenery will we have to use?
The GT has offered "a ton of ruins [they're] not currently using". (Useful, as large parts of Ilithyia are a conflict zone).

I'm working as hard as I can to have my Paraelix Configuration build ready in time and, if I can figure out moving it all and find a couple of spare hours to add a few bits to it, I also have a WIP forest table that could be brought.
(For the record, "forest table" doesn't mean "a few dead twigs" such as we normally see at WHW, it means "I went completely insane ordering model trees on eBay").

Having some Sector Mechanicus terrain and Necromunda terrain would be great though, as it'll mean we'd be able to rejig tables between games to get more variety.

QuoteI'm not sure what help I can be with the models as I didn't manage to complete any of my originally planned projects. I've got a few characters who will be usable as civilians though.
Anything will help!

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

I can probably fill in most of those NPC requirements. I'll look stuff out and take photos of what I've got available.

Shame the numbers aren't big, but they are fairly equivalent to some of the WHW events.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Gah - I've been an admin for nearly a year now, but I still keep clicking on the "edit" button rather than the "quote" button when trying to respond to people.

Quote from: Van Helser on May 04, 2018, 08:19:07 PMShame the numbers aren't big, but they are fairly equivalent to some of the WHW events.
That's largely what I'm thinking.

I certainly want to see it improve - we'll have to re-discuss ticket pricing if we go back, and I'd really like to see if the 28mm community can be kicked into action.
(I did have quite a lot of response from 28mm players, but my previous experience in how many Facebook players actually bother to turn out meant I wasn't confident about whether the numbers would have been good enough. If I can, I'll be trying to run an event at Dark Sphere sometime before next year to try and re-test the waters on turnout).

However, I'm hoping that we'll be able to do our normal trick of punching somewhat above our weight. I know this is a grander venue than anywhere we've been before, but our toys do stand out.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

One of these days I'll finish my work on the 28mm version of Inquisitor Morannon's warband (she'll be present for this event in her 54mm form, as I'm finding I prefer her warband, currently).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on May 04, 2018, 08:19:07 PM
I can probably fill in most of those NPC requirements. I'll look stuff out and take photos of what I've got available.
... if the pictures are going to take time, could you just summarise which of those you think you can help with? I have got to finalise things.

GW's =I= articles