Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Damnation Miniatures

Started by precinctomega, October 19, 2009, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

I stumbled upon this guy on CoolMiniOrNot.  He's a Russian sculptor, who's just finished a range of 54mm sculpts that would be absolutely perfect for INQ and is about to start casting them commercially in resin.  I'm trying to get in on the first floor and arrange a bulk purchase for retail through Precinct Omega Studios.

Click and be amazed:

Inquisitor

Sororitas

Techno-Barabarian

Renegade Cultist

As I said, I'm trying to get in on the ground floor with this stuff.  If you want any of these models, let me know which ones you want and how much you'd be prepared to pay for them.

R.

Heroka Vendile

all your links are broken Robey
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

Hm.  I can see them.  Hang on, here's a link to the artist's gallery at CMON:

http://coolminiornot.com/artist/Lord%20Velard

Top four minis on this page.

R.

greenstuff_gav

very nice  8)

what do we know about the final casts? it's component breakdown that would be the deciding factor if i'd be interested in the Inquisitor / Brute
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

sergeis64

Very nice stuff! How is he related to GW- he IS marketed here as GW products. I am not too big on resin though, but these seem to be interesting to possible conversion...

theemperorswill

great looking minis. keep us posted. must be worth atleast retail of GW models.
the emperors will be done

sergeis64

@PO- a word of caution here. Just be careful in dealings with some entity in Russia. Post could be atrocious and some business practices are less than stellar...

TheNephew

I do like the Inquisitor and Brute models - the latter especially, as he'd make a great daemonhost with a little work.
Like sergeis64, I'd also be interested to hear what's up with them being advertised as manufacture by GW.

Unfortunately, I'm far too broke to be doing any purchasing right now...
Or indeed in the foreseeable future.

RobSkib

I love all of them, and would definitely get at least one of all four. Price I'm not so fussy about, anything from £10-£20 I'd be happy to pay. At the lower end of that spectrum and I'd definitely get all four, maybe a pack with all four of them in at a discounted price?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Sumaki

i'd definately be interested in the Inquisitor and Sororitas, i'd pay £10 - £20 like Robskib, now i just have to pesuade SWMBOand get some more overtime off my boss....

precinctomega

He's not marketing them as GW.  Yes, they're listed as "Games Workshop" in the manufacturer field on CMON - that's just the default setting and he hasn't changed it to "Other".  They're being marketed as Damnation.  As for doing business with Russia - yes, I'm aware of that.

As I'll probably be borrowing money to move into a limited amount of retail, I'll be enlisting a good escrow service in any future deal with Damnation.  I'm hoping to talk some samples out of him that I can then photograph and review on my site as a preamble to soliciting orders.

R.

Simeon Blackstar

I think these are pretty good models, but I wouldn't pay the top end of what's being proposed.  I find it hard enough to afford SteveB's stuff at £15-16, and his are much nicer models. 

Don't get me wrong, these are nice too, but there are definite flaws to them all which would need sorting out before I even began to think about what to make them into:

Inquisitor - bionic elbow joint looks wrong, shoulder more 'Warmachine' than '40k', right thumb strange, sword hilt bindings uneven.
Sororita - the one I'm quite tempted to buy, but she'd need a head swap/other option, and the seam on the back of her boot needs redoing.
Brute - his abs only go half the way down, and nice though all that stuff looks, I'm not sure of the conversion potential.  Perhaps a power halberd or something?  Also, he appears to have five fingers and no thumbs.
Renegade - peasant's tunic doesn't go with greaves, kneepads and armoured boots, and the 'fantasy' style clashes with the post-apocalyptic mask (with a rebreather that goes nowhere).  Lizard will be difficult to remove cleanly and probably too delicate to be a separate part.  Mutated thumb in very odd position, sword hilt needs lots of work and other hand pretty poor.

There's some very good sculpting ability being shown here, but these problems sell him short.  For one, I think he needs to practice his hands a bit more and consider the use of the model to the player.  Maybe I'm being a bit harsh though.

BeardMonk

The cultist would make an interesting basis for an Ad-Mec......
Life is short, but the doom is long

theemperorswill

is it me or does the techno barbarian bear a striking resemerlance to frank bruno? gotta have one
the emperors will be done

Lord Velard

You can buy this miniatures from E-bay now. I link CMON images ot my Ebay account.