Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2009 - Sat 12 Dec - Warhammer World - UPDATED

Started by precinctomega, October 14, 2009, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 25, 2009, 09:51:15 PM
I've been looking at journey times.

Someone tell me that 4 hours each way and getting up at 5 am is worth it...

as it's 3 + a half drive without stops (we *always* have a greasy motorway breakfast :D ) for us and a 5am start (as i need to eat afore starting) you're not the only one ;)

go on... do it! doooo iiiiiiiittttt!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 25, 2009, 09:51:15 PM
Someone tell me that 4 hours each way and getting up at 5 am is worth it...
It's worth it.

Not quite four hours each way, but it's a long drive for me too, and there are plenty of people who travel from further afield.  Another option is to look at hotel and B&Bs - you might be able to find something cheap that'll allow you to stop off en-route.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

DO IT. it is so worth it mate. I am so jealous of everyone who can make it this year.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

RobSkib

Quote from: Kaled on November 26, 2009, 05:31:27 PMand there are plenty of people who travel from further afield.

I'm coming from Middlesbrough, you have no excuse!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

OK, this year's briefing pack is up.  Main changes are in the links and the scores have been rejigged to favour playing and GMing more over painting and the Inquisition, on the grounds that these should be seen more as a way of distinguishing between otherwise equal players rather than as decisive rounds in their own right.

http://darkmagenta.co.uk/IGT09_briefing_pack.pdf

R.

Adlan

Payment Sent, sorry it's late, :( housemates lame for paying me back, stupid bills.

precinctomega

I'm pretty happy, now, that I should have at least ten players.  But I've only had three pizza orders.  Unless I get your order, you won't get lunch unless you bring it with you.

You've got until Monday, then I'm putting in the order.

I'm also going to drop a few of our tables, as we don't seem to have enough players to occupy 9.  So if you're still hedging your bets, now's the time to speak up!

R.

Kaled

I'm in for lunch.  Are you just looking for numbers right now, or is there something else I need to do?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

+++++++

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

QuoteLunch is a choice of a range of pizzas (vegetarian feast, pepperoni, spicy chicken, spicy beef) at £6.95 for a 12" pizza.  Please let me know which you would like and whether you want a whole pizza to yourself or to share one with someone else (I'll try to match up sharers).  Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own lunch.

R.

RobSkib

Put me down for a whole pepperoni please - I might be bringing along one or two non-conclave friends, so if they do come, they can share with me.
                                     +++++++

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

Well, I've only had food orders from six people (including Gav's order of no food at all).  So the rest of you had better plan on bringing packed lunches!

I am expecting a reasonable turnout.  If we manage the same numbers as last year I'll be surprised, but let's hope, eh?

The lack of pre-registrations has meant that my ambition of investing in a permanent trophy has been stymied.  But if enough people turn up on the day, I will try to put the money aside to cover the "Gallery of Fame" I previously discussed.

R.

RobSkib

I'll be moving out of my term-time address that day, so driving over from Middlesbrough on saturday morning might take a bit of time - I'm looking at arriving at midday earliest, would that screw things up too much?
                                     +++++++