Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Slaanesh cult leader WIP

Started by FierceDefence, June 23, 2018, 12:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDefence

Hey there,

This is work in progress, but here would be the leader of my Slaaneshi cult.

I believe the baroque style of the power armour of the Tyrus model lends itself well to such a project. The head is that of the Covenant model as I thought it was more appropriate. As you can see for yourselves, I've added some elements and modified others, especially removing all the inquisitorial iconography and replacing it with that of Slaanesh.

I need to work more on the back of the banner and finish the conversion of Tyrus's power knife by adding a round gemstone or a skull opposite the blade. The idea is that when finished, it will be roughly shaped like the Slaanesh icon. Half the model is holding up using blue tac for the purpose of taking the pictures.

After I've clean up the green stuff work, once it has cured, I might add some other stylish elements to the model. FOr example, I might add a wing and skull on the small shield piece on the arm holding the bolt pistol.   

Let me know what you think.

FierceDefence

FierceDefence

So, I've finished the back banner and what turns out to be a fancy parrying dagger. Considering my limited modelling skills, I'm quite happy with the results. Looking forward to completing the assembly, painting and creating the character.

After some research, I found the Dark Temple bases by Micro Art Studio to be especially suited for Slaanesh cultists.

FierceDefence

maglash1017

Cool new spin on these parts. I think it's brilliant how people still keep coming up with new, fresh combinations of the original few minis.

FierceDefence

Thank you. I often think the same when I come across some nice conversions online. I also appreciate a lot the adaptation of models of other manufacturers to the 40k universe. About this particular project, it came about because I bought the Tyrus model and didn't want to just build another inquisitor. Since one needs opposition for a good story, I thought of turning him into a chaos undivided power armoured cult leader. I still have an unassembled metal CSM daemon Prince model from the days I played CSM. My original idea was to mix and adapt parts. But thinking about it, that would have been an inefficient use of making one model out of two. So instead I opted for the better alternative of using WHB bits from a metal dark elves cold one rider banner (for the parrying dagger) and from the Slaanesh Lord on Deamonic steed that I already had. Anyway, with the baroque style of armour of the Tyrus model, Slaanesh was a closer match without extensive modifications and suited better the Covenant head I anyways wanted to use. I think the head of Tyrus is better on Covenant's body because his implants make visually more sense for the operation of the MIU Psycanon.

Cortez

Interesting. Covenants head seems to work well with Tyrus.

I've just picked up a Tyrus from ebay, so I'm intrigued by what your version is going to look like.

Those bases look perfect for a Chaos aligned team. I may get those ones or possibly the possessed ones.

realitybytes16

God I love it when I see cool, fresh combinations of parts :) the use of that shield as a back banner is brilliant.

FierceDefence

Haha, thanks. Yeah, I was quite happy with myself when I figured I could do that. At first, I thought of using the back banner of the Slaanesh Lord on Deamonic steed as the back banner for the Tyrus model, but after considering it, I found it made the model too tall and it was proportionally to the model way too thin. After that, I figured I could cut it and use it as a loin cloth. For the shield, I was at first considering using it to cover up the power fist as either some sort of weapon or buckler, because I wanted to get rid of the power knife.

FierceDefence

Hello,

I've been busy building many models lately, as I have accumulated (compulsively bought online) about 15 models in a short span of time. Of those, I was delighted to find an incomplete Malicant to serve as another member of the Slaaneshi coven I'm building. I was quite happy he was incomplete, because I would have been squeamish at the idea of hacking him up otherwise.

I converted the Malicant to serve as the priest/mentor type figure in the coven, as opposed to the leader/protégée that is the converted Tyrus above. As you can see from the picture below, all I had was the basic body parts, plus the eviscerator and a laspistol of which I am not certain of the origin.

Does any of you know where it comes from?

I replaced the missing skull pendant of his chain with one with the Slaanesh symbol that I made by cutting a piece of the breastplate from the AOS Slaanesh Lord on Deamonic steed.

As an added bonus, I guess I will be using the steed itself as a daemonic sidekick or temple guardian.

In my mind, the eviscerator was not appropriate for a character representing such a sophisticated deity. Consequently, I converted it using the blade of the Avatar of Khaine from the Dark Elves Cauldron of Blood Statue that I already owned. Malicant's fancy new blade might represent a daemon weapon or some sort of corrupted "lighter than air" xenos artefact.

I intend to use the rest of the Cauldron of Blood/Bloodwrack Shrine model parts to eventually build/decorate the Slaanesh coven's "Inner Sanctum" type terrain. I've never built much "complex" terrain prior, so I would be interested in finding good resources on how to go about building things like altars, etc.

As another bonus, I intend to use the chopped off eviscerator bit in the future to convert Artemis when I come round to getting a model. I collect Flesh Tearers in 40k and I'm naturally interested in building a deathwatch or normal Flesh Tearer space marine out of it. With this in mind, chain weapons are more appropriate than the power sword of Artemis.

The arms positioning with the Malicant model is quite difficult, especially without obscuring too much the Slaanesh pendent, but I will eventually manage to find a solution. Aside from this, I still have a lot of places to work on the model. That includes attaching the laspistol.

FierceDefence

Cortez

That sword looks great on Malicant.

I don't think the arms obscure the pendant too much and it looks quite natural.

FierceDefence

Hey there fellow Inquisitors and Heretics in the making!

To expand on my Slaanesh cult beyond the Tyrus and Malicant conversion, I've purchased the Preacher Joseph miniature a while back and recently, some specific bits to start a conversion. I managed to get him unboxed and despite his unattractive girth, he will be quite alright as another robed figure alongside the Malicant conversion. I will definitely "shave" his head and might brand his forehead. I've bought, but not received yet quite a number of parts and torsos of the classic and beautiful mounted Slaanesh Chaos Lord on Daemonic steed to give all my cultists the same pendant that I fashioned from this model's breast plate:

Also, I bought the axe off Syll'Esske: The Vengeful Allegiance, as well as his head in case it's useful somewhere.

The final model might look something like that:

Regarding the axe, I just received it in the mail and due to the thinness of the handle, I may only use the axe head itself to replace his hammer's head.

Besides, I've purchased a second Daemon Huntress model, so that I would keep one mint and one I could feel less bad about "defiling". I've also purchased some specific bits for her in mind, such as the masks from the Masque of Slaanesh model:

The masks I just received are in fact very small, so I have to see whether I use them to either cover the pauldrons on the Daemon Huntress model like I initially thought or place one between the breasts to replace the inquisitorial Icon and the other in the back inside alcove. There are other alternatives, such as using them on the knee pads for instance. I'm undecided as of now. But in any case, I will remove all purity seals from the model. I don't know if I will keep the model in the original pose or modify it to look less generic and natural. This is a very ncie example I found online of such change:

Same, I dont know if I should keep or change the deamonic head she holds for something else. If I did that, this head could be recycled and serve as a mutant head for example.

I also don't know if I should keep the cloth, but if I do, I will probably modify the eagle wings on the skeleton icon to something more bat or dragon like. Or just have in its place the circular Slaanesh emblem from the banner of the mounted Slaanesh Chaos Lord on Daemonic steed if it fits. I will also definitely have to convert the Force Halberd to something else or modify it in a tasteful way. I would like to change the head of the model also. But it's hard to find a suitable alternative that exists. You have any suggestions? I have to check, but I think the head of Syll'Esske might be a bit too small, even if I added green stuffed hair.

The final model might look something like that with and:

With an Andrea model's head just to see what it could look like. But she looks too "nice" and they are usually comparatively small compared to Inquisitor models.

Besides, I have also purchased a Jena Orechiel model. She could either be used as a character in an inquisitorial retinue or as a crypto Slaanesh worshipper noblewoman or something of the like after I strip the aweful paint and perhaps keep her as is.

Since my last contribution, I did purchased the six variations of the 40mm Dark Temple bases from Micro Art Studio, as well as the larger 120mm one. Although, I have not yet used them to replace the existing bases of my models.

cymrilian

Syll'Esske's head looks very interesting. does it scale well to inquisitor minis?

FierceDefence

Hey,
I have to see that next week when I go back home. But my impression is that it's somewhat small. I bought it for a few euros from a bits merchant when I was buying the axe, so took it as well for good measure.

RobSkib

Stunning collection! I can't wait to see them painted up :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

FierceDefence

Hello,

Thank you. So, I started converting Preacher Joseph and the second Daemon Huntress model I have.

I finally found something suitable I could use to replace the blade of the Force Halberd. Actually thought about it last year, but had forgotten about it. It's the spearhead or rather fork blade from the Dark Elves Bloodwrack Medusa. I think I will leave the long purity seal that runs along the shaft as is, because that's what gives it rigidity, but I guess if I were perhaps more skilled and enterprising, I could imagine having a snake in its place to keep with the blade's iconography.

For reference, that's next to the other Daemon Huntress I own.

I'm definitely looking towards replacing the Daemon Huntress's head. I'm still investigating different possibilities, including with or without a helmet. The head of Syll'Esske turns out is slightly too big in relation to the rest of the body, but could work, especially if I bulked up the rest body a bit more. Another idea is to sculpt a larger version of the helmet of Chaos Lord of Slaanesh mounted on demonic steed.

The masks from the Masque of Slaanesh work rather well on the knees, but using them there prevents me from using the original cloth. Just using one is still a nice touch but kind of defeats the point of these masks. So looking around the model for different possibilities, including obviously the pauldrons.

Yet another idea is to use the head of this classic Vampire Count's mounted Wight mostly for the mail, maybe combining it with the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh helmet. But the length of the mail would come in the way of the item I would put in-between the breasts.

I might leave the purity seals on the model, but make them look somewhat more heretical with say purple wax seals.

I will need to removee and replace the inquisitorial icon in-between the breasts, and the inquisitor crux on the collar. I'm also experimenting with alternatives. Still wandering if I should replace the daemon head she unceremoniously drags around. A range weapon? A whip? A shield?

Regarding Joseph, while Syll'Esske's axehead fits nicely, some work needs to be done to the hammer's shaft to bring it in line with the sophistication of the axehead. I removed the iconography on the bionical hand that wields it, and I should probably replace it with something befitting a slave to the Prince of Excess.

I already "shaved" Joseph's head, but need to do a bit more work on the right ear and bionical one he has on the left one.

In the future, I'll try to get my hands on a Delphan Gruss model to transform into a Heretek. I already thought of quite a lot of ideas I would go with to include him as an ally of my Slaaneshi Cult. The Chaos Magus could get a similar treatment if I found one, and Severina and Severa would also be a fairly straightforward affair.

Just to reassure my fellow inquisitors... I own many other imperial models.

FierceDefence

I cut the head off the Daemon Huntress and that's what it looks like with Syll'Esske head. Not that bad. It's a bit on the larger side.

And that's with the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh's head. That one's on the really smaller side of things, but gives an idea of where this could go.