Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A Storm of Brushes

Started by Alyster Wick, March 27, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Quote from: Alyster Wick on May 29, 2015, 01:57:39 AM
And Borak, you're really forcing people to up their game.

Heh, it's you lot that's making me up my game, especially the conversion side of it! I usually just fry brush and wash stuff. I really need to work on the dark and weird 40k theme though. My models just have the 'Grim-Dark' feeling that the rest of the models in this thread do.

Speaking of that, the mutant dude is pretty cool and the parts work really well together. The Blanchian style I'm a big fan of too but I don't think I could pull it off myself.

Alyster Wick

I know it's past the deadline, but for the sake of completeness I present Droog and King Gogol! Once I can get some better pictures I'll post them in my ongoing project thread and officially be done with this one. Thanks for participating everyone! And get your final pics in if you haven't already!!!

If you can't see it, Gogol also has a bar code on his left shoulder from his time in prison, where he met Quentin.

And a better shot of Droog where you can actually see his cloth (matching Quentin's):

There's a plan to add two more gang members and have the whole group be loosely inspired by the new Mad Max (mostly Mortis Rex, when he's done).

Lord Borak

Sorry for the late reply,

Those look great mate. Loving the dirty grimy look. What's going on with Gogols lips though? It looks like he's let his 3 year old apply lip stick for him (maybe he has, I dunno his fluff!)

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Lord Borak on June 14, 2015, 09:23:37 AM
Sorry for the late reply,

Those look great mate. Loving the dirty grimy look. What's going on with Gogols lips though? It looks like he's let his 3 year old apply lip stick for him (maybe he has, I dunno his fluff!)

Moving pics to my 54mm thread: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2495.15

The full story will be there but the Gogol clan has some grizzly rituals, including marking themselves with their first kill during a battle. I don't have the best pic, but it's supposed to be a grinning skeleton mouth drawn in blood.