Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Greetings esteemed Inquisitors of the Conclave

Started by SwordlordRoy, November 09, 2018, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwordlordRoy

Been a lurker here for abut a week now, finally decided to join in on the fun.

I am SwordlordRoy.
I currently hang my standard issue Ordo Heretius witch-hunting hat in Colorado Springs, CO.
I have never actually played Inquisitor before (although it was the one I wanted to try most when I originally started 40k back during 5th ed in 2008-09.), but I think I have talked some friends around (perhaps it was an offer of putting together a communal bits box for the game and offering to GM).
Currently have a few small armies for 40k: IG, Orks, Death Guard/Chaos, Space Marines/Heresy Death Guard.

MarcoSkoll

To start with, have a traditional "big yellow welcome":

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE

Quote from: SwordlordRoy on November 09, 2018, 11:09:00 PMI have never actually played Inquisitor before
Inquisitor is an unusual game, particularly by the standards of what most people expect out of Games Workshop.

The best way I have to describe it is "tabletop improv theatre".
It's an exceptionally rewarding game when approached from that kind of angle, but it can struggle if people think of it as a more traditional skirmish game and start trying to "win". The characters may be trying to achieve their objectives, and you may be playing the characters, but that doesn't quite mean you're playing to win.

It can be a bit of a challenge to get used to, neither offering the direct conflict of a skirmish game or giving the GM quite the same control as a conventional RPG (where the GM will generally be controlling the "enemy", rather than having the players mostly facing off against each other), but if you need advice on crafting characters, scenarios or campaigns for the unusual genre of Inquisitor, then we're here to help.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles