Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Displacer Field rules

Started by SwordlordRoy, November 15, 2018, 11:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwordlordRoy

Thought I would ask if someone has put together rules for a Displacer field.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Displacer_field

Seems comparatively simple, roll a scatter die and D10 when hit, move them that direction, that many yards, same facing...otherwise potentially treat as another force shield varient.

MarcoSkoll

They're already in the main rulebook, on the Armour and Forcefields page of the Armoury.

It has a 50% to activate when hit, increased by the damage caused (e.g. a hit doing 13 damage would have a 50+13 = 63% chance to activate).
If it fails, you take the hit as normal. If it passes, the hit is negated and scatters the character D10 yards (stopping 1 yard short if it would put them into a solid object or a hazardous environment).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

SwordlordRoy

Alright, haven't gotten to the Armoury in my in depth reading of the rules, just noticed that the damage section didn't list it and didn't see a source on the Wiki that said otherwise.

MarcoSkoll

If that's the Carthax Wiki, while we list some community written skills and equipment there, we've never used it as an index of official rules - that would be on potentially shaky legal ground, as rules text is copyrightable.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TallulahBelle

IV always found it doesn't work often enough to be a reliable/memorable piece of kit sadly Tallulah has used hers maybe 4 times successfully in all the conclave events she's appeared.