Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

London Grand Tournament (Friday 13th- Sunday 15th September 2019)

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 27, 2019, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

When I first asked about returning to the London Grand Tournament, we only had a few people in the position to make clear indications quite that far ahead, so I'm now asking about this again, in the hope that more people can offer answers.

~~~~~

Our involvement with last year's LGT was already considered a success by most counts, but we hope to improve on the feedback that was received.

- The venue (Lee Valley Athletics Centre, N9 0AR) is more accessible (with bus service from a nearby station right to the front door, and free on-site parking), less cramped, has much less obnoxious security (no security pawing through all of your model cases on the door), and has a wider range of catering options.
(Also, more open means no being tucked away, scarcely seen, in a corner).

- And the price will also be coming down. For 2019, the full weekend ticket will be £30, rather than the £50 of last year - and if there's demand, we hope to extend the schedule to three days (for those who can make it!) rather than just two.

~~~~~

At the moment, the proposed schedule is as follows, designed so that players can join us as their circumstances allow:

-Friday 13th September (afternoon/evening):
Longer format games, with scenarios that will have the freedom to be more intricate than we can normally fit into the hectic schedule of our narrative events.

- Saturday 14th September:
A standard, bread-and-butter, narrative event that you're all familiar with - a story playing out over several rounds to an ominous and dramatic conclusion where Inquisitors determine the fate of billions of lives.
I've not yet put much effort into developing a plot (due to other commitments), but you know the kinds of themes our events are set around.

- Sunday 15th September:
A traditional "Inquisitor Grand Tournament" format. Attendees bring their own scenarios and GM them for each other in turn, voting on their rivals such that we eventually determine the player, gamesmaster and hobbyist who have provided the most enriching experience for their peers.

~~~~~

Currently, my plan and expectation is for this to be a 54mm event - I would love to also include 28mm if interest is sufficient, but I would need to know that enough turnout would be guaranteed and I would also probably need to appeal for organisational support.

~~~~~

Thoughts on a postcard, if you would...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

As an attendee last year, I can confirm the usual high level of fun was had on the tabletop, and it was good to meet up with faces old and new.  The prospect of a less-crowded, better organised arena sounds like a vast improvement on the event last year too.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, as I have a second child arriving in August.  I'll be slightly busy with that!

Ruaridh

TheNephew

I'm definitely in for at least one day, maybe I can squeeze another day or two.

Proper food would be great, and cheaper tickets makes it all far more doable.

I'd be happy to bring both a 28mm and 54mm crew, on the off chance we get a few folks dropping in Sunday after the big tournaments - seems like an easy way to grab people.

mcjomar

I would almost certainly try to get in for the saturday, and maybe the sunday. friday would be right out.
would plan on 54mm group, using Inquisitor Morannon and co as before.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

I'd like to attend this. But I'm really not sure I can commit to it at this time.

MarcoSkoll

I don't necessarily need people to commit concretely at this time (although it would help), but knowing that people actually want and will try to attend is a strong starting point; a complete lack of enthusiasm rules it out entirely; but enough sincere "I hope to be there" answers will go a long way.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I know the conversations gone a little quiet (an as a Facebook admin, am aware we've not had much conversation with the organisers either), but is this something you're still considering for this year Dave? or giving it a miss to maybe try again in future.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, various complications in real life made it really hard to plan (a canal closure left us with a boat stuck in Yorkshire/Lancashire, with no firm indication of when we'd be able to move it), so I imagine we're now forced to drop this, with little more than two months to arrange anything.

Obviously, we've run events at that notice before, but I'm not sure the organisers would appreciate us coming back so late.

GW's =I= articles