Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Looking for ideas on Volkite weapons

Started by CharonIX, July 17, 2019, 11:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharonIX

My fellow Inquisitors I'm thinking of running a game set after the HH and was wondering if anybody has done any work on volkite weapons.

MarcoSkoll

I did look into it at one point, but couldn't decide on any good way to handle them.

They fall into a category that doesn't really work well for Inquisitor, being more powerful than even bolters, but with few disadvantages that can really be played up to balance them (they're a little shorter ranged, but not by very much), and a special rule that's designed for a squad based rule set.

I got about as far as the idea of poor initial damage with bonus damage to organic targets if it got through armour, taking a bit of a liberty with its apparent focus on deflagrating organic matter, and using that as a way to inject something of a weakness to armour and cover... but given the man portable variants are basically extinct by the time of the Inquisition, I never got to doing enough testing to fit it into the Revised Armoury.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles