Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Losing willpower

Started by Scavvierising, October 27, 2019, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavvierising

New player here and I've had a quick read of the rulebook and am getting through the SG articles in a scatter gun approach.
In the rulebook when willpower is lost risky/overload there doesn't seem to be anything saying that this is lost permanently. The injuries in campaigns section says that any stats lost in a scenario are regained at a rate of10 per day unless it is specified that the reduction is permanent.
But I keep coming along posts and articles talking about how the above reductions are permanent.
Am I missing something? If so could someone direct me to the place that states these reductions are permanent?

Cortez

Welcome to the Conclave!

No it's not permanent. If it was it would make psychers unusable considering how common it is to lose willpower during a game.

You can of course choose to make it permanent if you feel it is justified by a suitably interesting event, or give the character some other permanent penalty. Some good ideas for such penalties can be found in the warp malignancy section of this article: http://www.darkmagenta.net/articles/The%20Fickle%20Warp.pdf

Scavvierising

Thanks for that it seem crazy and completely unworkable in the long run. But with many articles in the bundle pack suggesting that it was permanent. I thought it best to check.

MarcoSkoll

The main thing about Inquisitor is that the rules are not set in stone. Almost nobody plays the rules exactly by the book. If you don't feel a rule works, it is your prerogative to change it. As someone at my local store once put it: "Read the rulebook, then throw it out the window".

Admittedly, there are some unconventional but still deliberate rules in Inquisitor; for example, not everyone likes the randomness of the action system, but it is designed to stop the metagaming of a player knowing exactly how much can be done in a turn. It means a player doesn't know that they have time for exactly three shots before they have to duck back into cover - that would be be acting on information about the game that the character shouldn't even know exists. (Although a ranting lunatic who was convinced he was in a game might be an entertaining character concept if done well).

Still, no matter how deliberate it is, if you don't like it, it can go in the bin.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles