Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Escher warband

Started by scabbs, November 15, 2019, 07:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scabbs

Any ideas for stats
Wa thinking
Ws 50 bs 55 s 50 t 45
something balanced
Or a ratskin warband made from ratlings
I also like the idea of an ig force like tanith ghosts
Good scope for characters like try again brag brin milo andgaunt
Id make them to op without some advice

MarcoSkoll

Well, as far as player characters, the answer is that they are however skilled they need to be to make the game interesting and exciting.

Sure, an average ganger might mostly have stats in the 40s and 50s, but Inquisitor characters are not average by any means; an Inquisitor has trillions of Imperial citizens to pick from when building his entourage, and while not every threat they encounter will be a match for them, the encounters interesting enough to make it into an Inquisitor game will mostly be against opponents who can match them for skill.

As far as character power guidelines, this is the de facto guide these days:
https://carthax.fandom.com/wiki/Conclave_Standard

~~~~~

If you're asking about NPCs, that's another matter. Generally, I would use simplified rules for NPCs, as otherwise it's a load of unnecessary paperwork.
This is roughly the rules I use these days, based on something from the "Architecture of Hate" Fanatic articles: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2134.0

~~~~~

As far as themes for a warband, you might find that just an Imperial Guard force can be a bit narrow in scope for the themes of Inquisitor (which is not simply "detailed WH40k", but deals with conflicts away from the front line).

That's not to say that it can't work (the Ciaphas Cain novels are an excellent example), but you do need to explore the characters on a level more than just a list that reads like the classes in a first person shooter (e.g. Scout, Sniper, Demolitions, Heavy Weapons, Support, etc) and look into their underlying personalities and extended skill sets.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

scabbs

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 17, 2019, 05:44:58 AM
Well, as far as player characters, the answer is that they are however skilled they need to be to make the game interesting and exciting.

Sure, an average ganger might mostly have stats in the 40s and 50s, but Inquisitor characters are not average by any means; an Inquisitor has trillions of Imperial citizens to pick from when building his entourage, and while not every threat they encounter will be a match for them, the encounters interesting enough to make it into an Inquisitor game will mostly be against opponents who can match them for skill.

As far as character power guidelines, this is the de facto guide these days:
https://carthax.fandom.com/wiki/Conclave_Standard

~~~~~

If you're asking about NPCs, that's another matter. Generally, I would use simplified rules for NPCs, as otherwise it's a load of unnecessary paperwork.
This is roughly the rules I use these days, based on something from the "Architecture of Hate" Fanatic articles: http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2134.0

~~~~~

As far as themes for a warband, you might find that just an Imperial Guard force can be a bit narrow in scope for the themes of Inquisitor (which is not simply "detailed WH40k", but deals with conflicts away from the front line).

That's not to say that it can't work (the Ciaphas Cain novels are an excellent example), but you do need to explore the characters on a level more than just a list that reads like the classes in a first person shooter (e.g. Scout, Sniper, Demolitions, Heavy Weapons, Support, etc) and look into their underlying personalities and extended skill sets.
id be using the ig team as my own warband just deciding between last chancets or gaunts ghosts
Animal equivalent to say sgt stone
And brin milo with some.kind of psychic powet to warn gaunt of danger ...