Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Returning to Inq after a few *cough* years away

Started by karandras_sh, March 23, 2020, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karandras_sh

As I was looking at playing  a game of Inq54 at the Yaktribe TRIBEmeet it has given me the bug again so I have returned to a project I put on hold about 10 years ago.

Meet my 54mm Shuttle Craft WIP

My old school terrain piece.
All Lies Lead to the Truth

cymrilian

that shuttle craft looks incredible.  what was it originally? a toy or a model?

karandras_sh

It was originally a toy still need to cover all of the screw holes. but starting to look like a shuttle.

Dosdamt

Is that a clone troopers transport? It's immense! Great work. Looks terrific.
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

MarcoSkoll

Well, certainly in keeping with the spirit of things, given that the original article for Inquisitor rules had an Arbites Heavy Patrol tank that was obviously a Battle Droid tank.

I hope you're inspired to keep the project going even though the government's lockdown has got in the way. (I do need to get back to my own projects - I did choose to take a break from modelling work when the Salute cancellation came through, as I'd been working somewhat flat out on things for that, but I'll try not to make that too long a break).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

karandras_sh

Well my Necromunda Modelling has been put on the back burner, for now at least.

Inquisitor_Snarf

Welcome back!

That shuttle will look amazing once you grim darken it up!

Just to ask what scale are you using? Some shots give me the impression of 28mm, others 52mm.

karandras_sh

It is 54mm scale, it is just a HUGE model. That is why I never got rid of it, though the wings do detach for better storage and transportation.

karandras_sh

Update on 54mm shuttle craft

Cockpit now basic sculpt done - air dry clay covered with copydex the milliput to give shape.
Screw Holes covered
Nose intakes started

Some models stripped for new paint jobs

A Inquisitor and a few of my other 54mm models plus a random Ratskin scout