Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Fresh Meat

Started by DwH86, May 13, 2020, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DwH86

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sean, and after 19 years of not getting round to it, I have started an Inquisitor Campaign for my friends (over roll20 for now).

I just want to say how happy I am to have found a group online still playing the game. (Reminds me of the Portent days)

Your 'Inquisitor Gaming Aids' thread has been a huge help  :)

Anywho, I hope to chat with you all soon.
Too much sh*t, not enough pockets. That's life

Inquisitor_Snarf

Welcome!

There is a Discord group running as well (the link is somewhere).

For role20, how are you working out multiple levels? or are you just keeping things flat and not worrying about verticality? Things are moving along with Tabletop simulator and scanning technology that is bringing real models in the virtual world.

DwH86

Thank you.

Haven't attempted multiple levels yet.

Still figuring out the advanced features of Roll20, and whether or not it'll crash with the size of 'table' I've created.

To be honest, I'd probably just make a ruling as to the distyance (some quick pythagoras  perhaps  ;D).

I'll have a spy for the discord post

MarcoSkoll

First up, the traditional Big Yellow Welcome (TM):

Welcome to The Conclave.

~~~~~

The Discord link is in this pinned thread in the "Conclave News and Announcements" section. (I won't link directly to the server - we use that thread so that it's only visible to validated members and spammers/bots can't find it).

As far as multiple levels, it does add an interesting dynamic to an Inquisitor game, although it's indeed not something that formats like Vassal or Roll 20 handle very well.
Hopefully in the nearish future we'll be starting some forum Tabletop Simulator games (a somewhat more extensive program), but there's still a bit more prep work to get done on that front.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DwH86

Thank you very much  :)

I look forward to seeing how the Tabletop Simulator develops

MarcoSkoll

Yes, I could see that being pretty interesting from your perspective - seeing as you were talking in your other thread about printing miniatures, presumably you've actually got STL files for those characters.

I'm not sure if you've got the surface colour data available, but having an accurate 3D mesh on hand potentially avoids any inaccuracies introduced by  photogrammetry.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DwH86

Yes, I've got stl files for anything I print, but no colour data.