Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2022 Conclave Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 19, 2021, 05:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

EDIT:

I'm looking to set up a 54mm Inquisitor Grand Tournament at Warhammer World in Nottingham on one of these dates:

- 19th Feb
- 26th Feb
- 5th March
- 12th March

For those not familiar with the IGT format, it's an event where attendees take turns GMing (with lots of stand-alone story scenarios), and everyone scores each other on categories like characterfulness and creativity.

An old event pack is here, and I don't imagine I'll be making that many changes to it:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tc2bx92p3abyt3r/IGT_2015_Event_Pack_V1-0-1.doc/file

~~~~~

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm making the assumption we're not going to fit anything into the tail end of 2021, but I do want to get thinking about what we can do next year.

Right now, it looks like Dark Sphere has very restricted hours on Saturdays (12:00-17:00), and Element Games has its opening hours at 09:00-17:00, which is probably earlier than ideal for most. However, Warhammer World seems to be doing 10:00-20:00 on Saturdays (although I probably wouldn't plan to use all of that), and once again has sensible booking rules, so that seems the reasonable option at this point.

I do have things on my ideas list if we're interested in an event, but if other people want to do one, that'd also be very welcome - and there's also the standard option of "Hey, we just haven't run an IGT in an while".

Another thing that *could* be on the schedule is hitting up Salute again in April (as their bookings are still open) and that could help keep us visible - but with the hassle I had this time around, I'd want some pretty concrete answers before I committed to that one.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i can ask at FactoruM (0900 - 2000), i seem to recall they'd want £5 per head and will ask at Bristol Independent Gaming (10:00-19:30) what they'd want

i've got a couple of campaigns already written and if people were interested, halfway through writing a marine campaign to allow poeple to get the big boys on the table
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on November 19, 2021, 09:41:07 PMi can ask at FactoruM (0900 - 2000), i seem to recall they'd want £5 per head and will ask at Bristol Independent Gaming (10:00-19:30) what they'd want
Looking at those two, Bristol Independent Wargaming seems to be significantly more practical to get to by public transport, although unfortunately neither is really a central location that's accessible to as many people as possible.

If there is something put on down there, I'll try to make it though!

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Likewise - Factorum isn't really a viable option for me, but BIG might be doable in the unlikely event that trains are operating at peak efficiency.

Dice Saloon is open until 22:00 and has a pizza oven and beer license and great transport links, but is in Brighton - something of a trek for most folks north of London. Or West of London.

Charax

Brighton isn't terrible, there are good train links and a ticket from Stevenage is just over £25
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

greenstuff_gav

£70 from Bath to Brighton at a quick look so i'd look at the 3hr drive instead...  'bout the same as it is to WHW :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

If no-one has any big objections, I think I'll look at whether Warhammer World has any free tables in mid-late February and look at organising an IGT. That doesn't put a big load on any one person, and leaves us more room later in the year for other venues or narratives.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'm pretty sure I've got a clean calendar for February, so I'm down for that.

MarcoSkoll

Apparently WHW have also got a clear calendar for both February and March.

Because I think giving people a choice of eight Saturdays is going to result in choice paralysis, I'm going to narrow that list down to...

- 19th Feb
- 26th Feb
- 5th March
- 12th March

... as potential dates for an IGT. Let me know availablility, and I'll try to narrow down which ones work best for us.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Based on responses so far, I'm narrowing the IGT date down to these Saturdays:

- 26th Feb
- 5th March

Let me know which of those you can do (or, indeed, which you prefer, if you can do either).

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I've voted on the Tome of Visages, 5th works for me.
Can easily do either date though, should it need changing.

greenstuff_gav

i originally said 27th, however my neice is 1 the week before, i best say the 5th!

Build Your Imagination

Sumaki

Mr Karandras alerted me to this, I would say the 5th preferably.

how do we feel about unwilling victims being kidnapped and dragged along for the day? if so i may be able to bring another person.

MarcoSkoll

Very unhelpfully, Warhammer World have *now* told me that the 5th March isn't available (after previously telling me that any Saturday in February or March would be fine), so we're going to have to pick a new date for the planned event.

Please indicate EVERY date you can do from these (not just your first choice), and I'll come back to it in a day or two and pick the one that the most people can do:

- Sat 26th Feb
- Sat 12th March
- Sat 19th March

Quote from: Sumaki on December 13, 2021, 12:14:25 PMhow do we feel about unwilling victims being kidnapped and dragged along for the day? if so i may be able to bring another person.
If I'm not considered legally complicit, then sure.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Am I right in thinking we're booked in for March 12th now?
There was date confusion on The Tome, but I think that's the last update date I saw.