Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2022 Conclave Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 19, 2021, 05:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Yes, that is correct - sorry, I managed to screw up by not updating people here as well.

Assuming we don't have to put it off because of either legal restrictions or just good common sense, we are booked in for 12th March 2022.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Sorry about the various delays in the promised event pack, but I've been umming and ahhing over a point.

How would people feel about the event pack mandating up-to-date vaccination (or at least a valid exemption)? I realise it's a controversial point, but with the event requiring us standing in close proximity groups of three or four for hours on end, I feel like if we are holding what is fundamentally a non-essential meet-up that I really don't want to have it on my conscience that anyone in the community (or in their family) has suffered as a result.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i'm double vaxxed, had my booster and will be wearing a mask so am fine with it
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

gpemby

For me, as someone who can't make the date but would go if I could, its up to the TO. If you set some rules out that you think offer you the best safety for the group then everyone should respect and adhere to them. If you're allowed to have a 'be stinky, get sent home' rule for warhammer/MTG type gatherings then a 'be vaxxed & do a test plz' rule would be fine in a pandemic.

I've seen pretty solid success at get togethers this Christmas with 'a do a LFT an hour before you are due to leave' approach within the family/friends circle. If you show positive then you don't go to the party/meal/pub. Requires common sense and trust but short of handing out LFTs at the door before you let people in you've not got much power.

Does WHW have a posted policy atm for their expectations for visitors? Bigger picture is you can have a internal rule for your event but it's a big public space with shared facilities so you have no control over the people on the next table over or anyone that sees a 54mm rhino and wants to come have chat for 5 mins.

TheNephew

I'll have had my booster by then, and will likewise be wearing a mask anyway, but as a general rule I am always in favour of all organised events having a requirement for both vaccinated status (or exemption) and a fresh negative LFT, and masks worn unless there's a particular reason not to.

I would hope GW/WHW have a policy requesting somethign roughly equivalent anyway.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: gpemby on January 02, 2022, 10:44:16 AMDoes WHW have a posted policy atm for their expectations for visitors? Bigger picture is you can have a internal rule for your event but it's a big public space with shared facilities so you have no control over the people on the next table over or anyone that sees a 54mm rhino and wants to come have chat for 5 mins.
WHW's current policy is that visitors to Warhammer World must wear a face covering at all times, unless either exempt or eating/drinking in Bugmans.

And yes, I realise other visitors are somewhat out of our control, but it's us that's going to be standing in clusters of three or four for hours on end.

Well, opinion so far seems positive, so I guess I write that in then.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

So for the next event I will be running Isabella's long delayed Ascension (unless someone wants to do another event first), now that Nurgle has relaxed his hold on the world.

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2882.0

What are people's thoughts on dates and venue? June or July is probably looking best for me at the moment (May might be a but too early for me to get some of the models and terrain ready). I'm unsure on venue as at least two of the main characters will be obviously non GW. We have got away with it in the past and I'm really not sure there are any other good options at the moment (and Warhammer world is kind of central to everybody).

mcjomar

if I'm able to wrangle it then mind-late june would be my preference, as July tends to get busy.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Well I'm hoping that you'll be there as I'm pretty sure your team will want to settle the score with Isabella. We could always look at a date later in the year if that suits people better.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on March 15, 2022, 12:03:39 PMunless someone wants to do another event first
If you're looking in the next few months, I'm not aware that anyone else has expressed an intention, so I'd say you're in the clear. (If you do push it later in the year, then I'd say there might be room for others).

QuoteWhat are people's thoughts on dates and venue?
I know I've got some commitments I'll need to dodge (and I'll need to check when they are), but I'm inclined to say somewhere around June is probably a fair shout. Anything more than three months away, no-one seems to know if they're free; any less than that, lots of people are already committed.

(I'll also vote against May, as I've got a trip to Wales booked around then).

As far as venue... well, the places I've checked out personally are WHW, Element Games and Dark Sphere (both Waterloo and Shepherd's Bush, but I'd definitely opt for the latter).

- I've never actually had an issue with non-GW models at Warhammer World; the staff aren't that clued up on what the old range looks like and there's lots of scratch-built stuff there.
- Dark Sphere and Element aren't very central, unfortunately. They also don't have their own on-site resturant, although I'm actually increasingly minded to consider that a plus; everyone bringing their own lunch would avoid the "there's a forty-five minute wait" issue. I'm open to either (I'm on the West Coast Main Line, so both London and Stockport are easy for me), but I'm aware they rule a lot of others out.

I do keep wondering if there's a good venue around Birmingham, but I've not found anything that seems great. The larger venues are all catered to stuff like MtG, and I'd need to probe the smaller venues.

Alternatives we've not already tried are kind of a pain, as anywhere we pick needs to be easy to get from from an active (and well connected) train station to keep things open for as many people as possible; a lot of gaming stores and the like just don't really meet that.

To be honest, although I'm aware it has its drawbacks, I do just like WHW for being a busy venue where lots of people wonder what we're up to.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 16, 2022, 03:22:48 AM
I've never actually had an issue with non-GW models at Warhammer World; the staff aren't that clued up on what the old range looks like and there's lots of scratch-built stuff there.
i had three different staffers ask if the marines were "y'know, had bits 3D printed" ... NOPE!

i don't have much to contribute as hoping to be out of hte country by end of May but can offer pre-written campaigns / scenarios if anyone needed
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TheNephew

Pete the Carboloader (AKA Inquisitor Andaini 'Bones') is very visibly a Disney Goofy character with a skull nailed to his face, but that didn't get challenged.
As far as I know, the only time we've actually been challenged challenged is someone leaving bare resin out on the table, and that was fine when it was stuck back in a case.
"Most of this is sculpted, the rest is bits released before you could read" seems to put the matter to bed.

As the most southern member of our little gang, I'll have to sway to the wind, but I'm likely to miss Element days - Nottingham's rough enough, but the extra ~60 minutes train time puts me a bit too close to a 24-hour travel day.

I'm always up for Dark Sphere - perhaps galvanising the Heretical Scale scene in London could help the OTS scene too? I know the previous attempt at that was shaky (to say the least), but we got a remarkable turnout last weekend, so maybe things are on the up.

Cortez

Ok so we'll go with Warhammer World then and probably in June.

I can't do the 11th.

So available dates are:

4th
18th (there is an Underworlds event on that day, judging by the Kill team event last weekend it won't be a major issue but will make it even busier than usual in Bugmans).
25th

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on March 16, 2022, 10:24:27 PMSo available dates are:
4th
18th (there is an Underworlds event on that day, judging by the Kill team event last weekend it won't be a major issue but will make it even busier than usual in Bugmans).
25th
Of those, I think the 4th is the best for me.

The 18th is probable, but I have other commitments in the week leading up to it (so I can't isolate as much to minimise my chances at catching the lurgie), and for the 25th, I'm likely to be somewhere that it'd be a lot harder for me to get to the event from.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 16, 2022, 09:05:23 PMi had three different staffers ask if the marines were "y'know, had bits 3D printed" ... NOPE!
Conversely, the Arvus does have 3D printed parts, but no-one actually challenged me over it.

(That said, all the major parts were self-modelled, using Blender. As such, I see it as pretty similar to the rest of it; it's still my work, I just used somewhat fancier tools to turn the raw materials into the end result).

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I can't make the 4th, so 18th or 25th would be better for me.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.