Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

IGT 2022 - 12th March @ Warhammer World

Started by MarcoSkoll, January 12, 2022, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

Grand old day out, so it was.
Really great to match some old names to new faces, and see some entirely new folks.

Highlights for me include:

Inquisitor Jacob leaving his servitor to collapse a building on itself after being instruced to multimelt open the bunker door (followed by the wall, and then the structural girders...)

Saul, under attack from hetetic forces unknown, took cover from teh hail of bolt shells behind the red barrel... And after surviving that explosion hiding behind... a different red barrel.

Inquisitors Andaini and Brutus, having finally reeled in their hair-trigger henchmen, reaching an amicable agreement that it was probably best to just utterly slaughter these civilians, just in case they really were all dissidents.

Thanks again for the cat herding and nerd wrangling, Marco, it was great day out.
Pleasure travelling with you - unfortunately my brain hit standby mode a little earlier in the journey home than I'd expected, so I wasn't holding up my end of the conversation, but I'm glad I saved the Arvus.

Cortez

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day. I had loads of fun and it was great to see everyone. Thanks to Marco for organising everything again.

mcjomar

Agreed - Thanks Marco for all the effort you put in!

It was a brilliant day - although not for Raldana (she spent rather too much time on the floor!).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Well, glad it was enjoyed; hopefully it's less than three years to the next one. (And hopefully run by someone other than me!)

I'm certainly likely to travel a little lighter to the next one; if nothing else, the additional detailing on the terrain set has proven quite fragile, and I think I need to make some changes and reinforce it before it gets transported again. (That said, I will still jump on any excuse to bring the vehicles, as they're a lot easier to transport, make for good centrepieces, are pretty useful for scenarios and I've put stupid amounts of work into them, so not using them is a massive waste).

~~~~~

To go over the Inquizition tie-breaker (which wasn't actually needed to settle the score on any of the categories), along with some of the sillier answers I was presented:

1.   What is the name of the Titan Legion based on the forge world Ryza?
Correct: Legio Crucius/Warmongers (Either accepted)
Incorrect: Biggus Roboticus; Ryza-Pattern

2.   The world Tyran was consumed in what year?
Correct: 745.M41
Incorrect: Sorry I was hungry.

3.   What is the Divisio Biologis sub-species designation for the Ratling?
Correct: Homo Sapiens Minimus
Incorrect: Short Arses; Small Ladios

4.   A hive world is classified by which Greek letter?
Correct: Eta (or η)

5.   Who is the current head of the Inquisitorial Conclave in the Carthax Sector?
Correct: Inquisitor Lord Calleia
Incorrect: Kaled; RobSkib

6.   What is the sacred number of Khorne?
Correct: 8
Incorrect: 2,697,633

7.   House Orlock on Necromunda are colloquially known as the House of _____ ?
Correct: Iron
Incorrect: Italian Biker Fashion

8.   Who is ruler of the Triarch of the Necrontyr/Necron race?
Correct: The Silent King (general title), Szarekh (current holder)
Incorrect: Lord Rattlebones; Number 1; Larry

9.   Put these Imperial Navy ship classes in order from smallest to largest : Lunar, Tempest, Exorcist, Defiant.
Correct: Tempest (Frigate), Defiant (Light Cruiser), Lunar (Cruiser), Exorcist (Grand Cruiser)

10.   Who commanded the non-Imperial forces in The Wars for Armageddon?
Correct: Angron (First War); Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka (Second and Third). (Lots of people forgot the first war)

11.   The Sabbat Worlds are in which Segmentum?
Correct: Pacificus

12.   Which Chaos Warlord was responsible for the Grand Siege of Arravar?
Correct: (Trick question, there is no Grand Siege of Arravar in the canon.)
Incorrect: An angry one.

13.   Who would win in a fight between Commissar Ciaphas Cain and Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt?
Correct: Neither one, a real commissar would show up and kick both their arses. (As determined by Graham McNeill at a Black Library weekender)
Incorrect: Everybody loses, The Emperor, Sly Marbo. (However, as far as serious answers, Cain was definitely more popular).

14.   Who are the craftsmen of the Eldar race?
Correct: Bonesingers. (Almost everyone got this one, except the person who answered...)
Incorrect: Bob & Steve.

15.   What is Tyrus' Weapon Skill stat?
Correct: 98
Incorrect: Over 9000

16.   Did you have to look the last question up?
Correct: (Pretty open-ended).
Answers given: Yes; No; What do you take me for?; Gav told me so no; No, Hammond keeps saying it out loud
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles