Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

I'd Buy That For A Credit - IGT2022 Scenario

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 13, 2022, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

This year's scenario was something i've been thinking about, mainly altering concepts like all warbands atarting in separate corners and spending a couple of turns getting to the action
to this end, i had sumaki and his brother investigating a market place, looking for Xenos tech
the scenario pack is HERE

I used the weapons cards i made for a previous GT for when they passed a check, they'd get a gun - unfortunately Sumaki ended up with a dozen different lasguns and a dodgy plasmapistol!
heres hte NPC merchants - i had decided hte last one to hand out a weapon would be the one with hte xenos gun

And i used the container with some holes cut out as my weapon-shops

The hab-lights were dimming as the teams investigated the market - these low level tech-guard finishing up selling various bits of tat and equipment for th cycle
While Trader Sumaki haggled at one stall, Acolyte Cotez was at hte other end, pleading with the trader for something "More exotic"

While Adept Magnox joined sumaki in complaining about a Cracked Lasgun, Silas and Jenna began meandering toward a different stall

Meanwhile Crusader Kai joined Coteaz as Inquisitor Jacob stormed into hte market place shouting how disapointed he was in the time his team were taking to investigate these stalls

Sumaki's team, hearing the inquisitior's rants, converged on the last stall - Gunfighter Jenna physically lifting the trader demanding "any dodgy stuff"

The trader, scared by the inquisitor and being surrounded by heavily armed warriors, handed over a Neural Disruptor, claiming it came in a job lot
Inquisitor Jacob's crew spotted this and began pointing it out to the Inquisitor mid-rant
As Crusdaer Kai rushed toward the trader, Adept Magnox drew the dodgy plasmapistol he had aquired and blasted the crusader straight in the face, vapourising the one part hnot covered by his massive shield
In response, Acolyte Coteaz drew an overpowered hellgun and put a round straight through Sumaki's abdomen while screaming for his servitor, Stanley to grab the trader

Gunfighter Silas drew his pistols and put a round critically through Coteaz's head without a pause

whiile Inquisitor Jacob made a hasty retreat, screaming how the Heretics would pay for thier crimes, Sumaki's crew began pulling the trader away for questioning while trying to fend off  Servitor Stanley's instance on following the trader...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TheNephew

This matches neatly with my experiences witnessing the good Inquisitor Jacob at work - he's an enthusiastic manager of unfortunately incompetent boobs. I'm oerfectly sure if he was working with better tools the outcome would be greatly improved. No doubt about it.
I think during Great Excavations, the game I ran first thing, Crusader Kai also charged in and immediately suffered an utterly crippling would, Coteaz made impressive moves with measurable impact on target, and Jacob harangued his hopeless henchmen horribly from the safety of hard cover.
Stanley performed his job with admirable thoroughness and singleminded focus though, so there's a definite winner on the team.

The Sumaki squad performed as admirably efficiently in stealing totally legitimate goods from your traders as they did secret tech from my poor archaeologist.
Sumaki himself led a spirited negotiation for the prize and then de-limbed an apparent attacker, apprehended promptly by the (promptly amputated) boot of Silas, and overwatched by Jenna, while Magnox got on with the real work.

Charax

Sounds great! I love the idea of weapons/wargear cards (as a vet of 40K 2nd edition, the concept warms my heart) and I have a bunch of those munitorum containers laying around
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

greenstuff_gav

the cards are from the last page HERE - 51 cards worth, a mix of weapons (the 52nd is a Neural Disruptor) , a pic from the rulebook with the weapon stats

i didn't enforce Encoumbrance rules as didn't really affect anything - i'd have on hte fly sdaid each guy can carry 2 additional weapons to what their sheet says - we could assume straps / pouches / carrier bags could be scrounged

aye, sumaki's brother RPed Jacob's rants and boistrous mentality well and the crew were all butchered from sumaki's perfect dice rolls in the perfect times :)

Build Your Imagination

Charax

did you get them printed professionally or do it at home? There are certainly a ton of things that would benefit from having cards
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

greenstuff_gav

i used http://www.personalisedplayingcards.com/ - they used to get about £15 a deck but looks liek the prices have gone up since then :(

but i do like having physical cards - can shuffle equipment and keep track of who's got what quite easy :)

Build Your Imagination