Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A new fellow acolyite

Started by Manny Calavera, June 26, 2023, 11:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Calavera

Hello conclave!
My name is Stefano, writing from northern Italy. It has been since the covid19 outbreak that I would like to play Inquisitor.

I am going to master our first Inquisitor game before the end of July with two fellas. We're all new to the system and we're going to play on 28 mm scale.

The sceario is set on a planet called Sagaraya. The main part of the surface is covered by oceans. Many voices talk about a new cult regarding the "baptism of the water" which sees many worshippers traveling to wash their sins on Sagaraya's waters.
The idea born from a terrain found in the gaming club we use to meet.

Here and here you can see a NPC i converted and painted. His name is Iago and it is a water ambulant seller.

Hope our first game would be fun as we're having now preparing the story and the warbands. I'm a little bit scared by the rules but I feel confident it will be a success anyway!

TheNephew

Welcome to The Conclave!
Big Yellow Welcome (TM), supplied by BYW Co. Ltd. in partnership with The Guardians of the Soul of The Emperor of Mankind.

Iago looks great, a lovely little grim lad.
Interesting setting - what types of people are your other players making?

The rules are quite... big? There is a lot of rulebook, and a lot of rules, but if everyone is happy to spend a day playing a few games, the characters are quite simple, and no-one is super-focused on getting every rule correct, it isn't so difficult.

There are a few reference sheets and player aids in the pinned posts on the Game Discussion subforum, which might make your life easier.

Manny Calavera

Quote from: TheNephew on June 26, 2023, 02:00:20 PM
Interesting setting - what types of people are your other players making?

Thank you for the welcome!

There are two other players:
- One is creating a warband led by a former Imperial pilot who crashed on the planet after his ship malfunctioned. Survived the impact he spent weeks living in solitude in the wreck of his ship. During that time he developed a hysterical and irrational personality. After meeting a local communiqué he gathered a small following to head up the coast to be baptized in the waters.

- The other is preparing a warband led by a monodominant inquisitor who lost contact with the subject DV66, an infil-traitor previously sent on Sagaraya to retrieve data on the latest rumors.

I leave a lot of freedom to the players regarding the bg of their warbands.
I decided that it will turns out that one of the followers of the Imperial pilot is actually DV66.

Quote from: TheNephew on June 26, 2023, 02:00:20 PM
The rules are quite... big? There is a lot of rulebook, and a lot of rules, but if everyone is happy to spend a day playing a few games, the characters are quite simple, and no-one is super-focused on getting every rule correct, it isn't so difficult.

There are a few reference sheets and player aids in the pinned posts on the Game Discussion subforum, which might make your life easier.

Thank you, i've already found some .pdf that will be really helpful!
We don't mind too much about rules and we don't have problems if we decide to skip some in order to improve the flow of the game.