Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Introduction to Inquisitor

Started by Vladimir, October 29, 2009, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladimir

Right... I've been collecting Inquisitor for a while now, although it's a while since I last played, and having just started uni, I was thinking of getting a campaign up and running. Problem is, I'm the only one there that won't be new to it.

So, where to start? I'm thinking diving in at the deep end ('This is the Thorian book. Read it. There will be a short test next Wednesday') with a campaign set very close to Terra, with various pro- and anti-ressurection factions duking it out for a certain ancient book. Shenanigans will ensue.

That aside, is it seen as acceptable for a player to GM at the same time?
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i

Adlan

Yes, it's acceptable for a player to GM, however in a 1v1 it's best for both to GM.

I would suggest not starting at the deep end.

Each Player gets a Character, and a simple one at that, start off with them moving around the board, doing actions, till they get the hang of that, then move into combat. Then, very quickly you can go into the campaign, but just diving right into the full on game won't work.

PM102

Dark Magenta issue 1 has an article introducing the rules in a few scenarios. You could suggest your players run through those first.

Morcus

Another vote for starting easy.
Start of by giving them simple, fairly low profile characters with basic equipment and set them a simple task like collecting something or bashing each other up. You could run a small campaign where they are all agents of one or more inquisitors, with you GMing some sort of opposition, this way you can ease them in and if they're working together its easier to keep the right tone. If you do this though you can't really act as a play accept in a very low key way (Though you could whip out their master now and then to motivate them).

InquisitorHeidfeld

Most, though not all, of the games I've played have taken a more traditional RP format; one or more players, one GM.
The players are more than welcome to fight things out between themselves or to ally against a common foe but most fights are between one player's group and the GM's NPCs (be they major or minor).

In this way the GM can pace the story, drive things forward before they stagnate, introduce new interests and difficulties and generally do what a GM is for... with a cast of thousands backing him up.
If one relies on players to create encounters in the manner of a Necromunda campaign then it all but eliminates much of the interesting political play in my experience, it becomes about the fights... and in that case one may as well play something like Necromunda.