Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor PDFs (Looking for an old article? LOOK HERE!)

Started by MarcoSkoll, August 02, 2009, 06:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Thanks to Jarrik32, who pointed out that the main SG site bulk download link was broken.

For whatever reason, it had gone missing off the hosting - I think probably because of clumsiness on my part while doing a reorganisation. Said issue has been fixed.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Biggest update in a long time this one. The Inquisitor 2002 Annual is now available for download.

It comes in Bulk ZIP (~30 MB), and individual article formats, as normal.

Missing gaps in the page numbers are either superfluous (mostly artwork, all of which is available in the regular rulebook) or in the case of the long p18-33 gap, it's all character sheets which are already available.

Next job: Scanning the parts of the rulebook not included in the PDF.
EDIT: On reconsideration, job cancelled. As the rulebook is still on sale, I cannot in good conscience upload its contents, even if I do think it should have been in the PDF.

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

What a *cough cough* pity *cough* that there are no PDF versions of the complete rulebook online, really... *cough cough*.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Those aren't truly complete, Gav - there are quite a few sections missing. (Quite a bit of the art, the modelling sections, Jervis' "Running a campaign" section and the designer's notes to list the bigger pieces.)

As my comment in my last post says, I'd been considering scanning in the missing parts, but I rethought - as the rulebook is still sold by GW, I can no longer justify it as making out-of-print material available again.
Scanning and distributing in-print material is further down the route of piracy than I want to go.

GW's =I= articles

viper_eX

MarcoSkoll, somehow, the downloading of the complete SG-PDFs doesn't work, it keeps saying there's no server with the data on it.
++FLESH IS WEAK++

MarcoSkoll

That's probably going to be server maintenance. I think the response for this one is wait and see if it comes back up.

If it's still down tomorrow, I'll reupload it, but there's little point in running around like a headless chicken just yet.

EDIT: Seems like it's not coming back up. I've got to go to bed now, so I can't solve it just yet, but I'll handle it tomorrow.
I'll also use it as an opportunity to upload the mega bulk download which I've finally put together - basically all the current three bulk packages in one.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Okay...

I tried a re-upload, but it suffered the same problem. I don't know exactly why - it may be that it decided that it was the same as the old file and just kept trying to use the old (broken) data. (MediaFire doesn't normally allow doubles of the same file - I had deleted the old one, so it's odd... but unless they're specifically blocking downloads of that file, I can't see any other reason.)

However, a slightly different file (no more than a few small changes to the ReadMe text) seems fine. I think I've updated the most relevant links (opening post of this topic and my signature both here and on Warseer), but tell me if I've missed any important links that need changing.

I'll upload the Mega pack later.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Finally, I give you the "Mega Bulk Pack" - 113 MB of Inquisitory goodness.

With this, there has been a reorganisation on the Archive. The individual "mini bulk packs" have been moved into their related folders, and the Mega Bulk pack has replaced them on the main page.

Be warned, the "Bulk" link in my signature has not been changed and will continue to point to just the pack of the SG/Fanatic Online articles.
I'm not going to link directly to a pack that includes scans of print material under every single post I make.

GW's =I= articles

ismeno

A HUGE thank you for spending time and effort on this. Just got back into =I= and this is really helping me out. Cheers. :)

MarcoSkoll

Huh. I've just checked the numbers of files, and it looks like there must be a couple missing from the individual SG site files folder. I'll try and get that sorted.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

In the process of recovering a copy of the data banks on my failing cogitator unit, the Tech-adepts were required to sort through to remove duplicate data (for such a thing is a waste of the Omnissiah's data storage, apparently.)

As a result, they have finally analysed the file lists in-depth and have tracked down a number of errors in the Skoll Archive's data streams.

Eversor.pdf and Vindicare.pdf (both from the SG site) are missing from both the SG and Mega ZIP packs. Both will be remedied when I am on a better connection (It's ~150 MB or more to upload, not good for a somewhat unreliable mobile broadband connection), but in the meantime, the files can be picked up individually to complete your collection.

Camp Intro.pdf, Q+A.pdf and Trojaan+Conspiracy.doc were missing from the Individual files folder, but have now been uploaded. All three were previously available in the bulk packs.

Sorry about that. I'm only human, and it seems that my slightly messy organisational skills extend to the stuff on my hard drive, so some things got lost in compiling the Archives.

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Update to the above. Slight mistake on my part. The SG Bulk pack was not affected by the missing files, although the Mega Pack was.

The updated Mega Pack is now uploaded and linked in the first post. In case you're wondering, the file size has come down slightly because I realised an obsolete file was in there and removed it. (A scanned reference sheet, unnecessary now the proper file is available.)

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hello. I recently received a large donation of Fanatic Magazines, which have offered some more stuff to go on the hosting in the near future. Mostly masterclasses and showcases, but I figure they can still prove useful.

While I'm at it, I am still on an Ebay hunt for any material I might not have. But if anyone has a scanner and is willing to spend the time to scan in any interesting material that might be missing...

I'm currently without:
Fanatic #1
Exterminatus #2-5, #7-9
All of the Conspiracies series
2004 Annual
Any WD stuff that wasn't repeated in the 2002 Annual. (My collection of issues that cover things like Paul Rudge's catacomb build is incomplete).

I am hunting all of these things, but help is appreciated, particularly as often when they come up, the price often becomes plain unreasonable. (Which is ironic, given I'm trying to make the material freely available.)

GW's =I= articles