Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Game play style.

Started by Tyrant, November 12, 2009, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Quote from: Kaled on November 16, 2009, 08:37:36 PM
Yeah, I didn't say the idea was original, but it'd be great to have an archive of stories about all of our characters.  If people are interested I'll dig out the introduction I wrote and you guys can add to it.

I'm interested at the very least, go to it, sounds great.

DapperAnarchist

I really like this idea - means that if, like me, you live somewhere with a low Inquisitor Gamer population (though I'm gonna try and change that!) you can still be involved in a story line, that may even work its way to some large, climatic battles (though not conclusive) with only occasional games...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kaled

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on November 17, 2009, 04:30:18 PM
I really like this idea - means that if, like me, you live somewhere with a low Inquisitor Gamer population (though I'm gonna try and change that!) you can still be involved in a story line, that may even work its way to some large, climatic battles (though not conclusive) with only occasional games...
That pretty much sums up the idea - anyone can take part no matter if they play every week or just once or twice a year.

I'm just gathering everything I have together and then I'll start a thread or two in the 'In The Field' forum...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

I really like this idea - it reflects the life and times of an inquisitor much better. It is literally a biography of their lives played on a tabletop. Whereas armies in 40k might have 'campaigns' where they have an ultimate goal, and once they achieve (or not) this, then they go back to lolling around waiting for the next scrap. For an Inquisitor, smacking seven shades of grey out of an arch daemon at the end of a series of games might be the end of a 'campaign' for the gamers, but for the Inquisitor, it's just another day, and after he kills said daemon/finds said book/completes objectives XYZ then he continues his work.

I am totally up for this, the sooner you can start this Dave, the better!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Okay, I've created a thread to chronicle the adventures of our characters and an associated discussion thread (to avoid cluttering up the main thread with OOC discussion);
- Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave -
- Discussion thread -

I've posted a few bits about my characters to get things started.  As I said in that thread, feel free to continue in the same vein or in some other style if you prefer.  I've also written out a few guidelines to try to keep things on track - they're not hard and fast rules, so don't worry if you need to break them.  My suggestion is that people post short pieces to bring their characters up-to-date with games you've already played, and then post a short piece about games you play in future.

I look forwards to seeing how this goes - hopefully it won't end up a big mess!

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat