Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

helmets?

Started by theemperorswill, November 10, 2009, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theemperorswill

no, not how it sounds. looking for a resource for helmeted heads along the lines of the enforcer style, but anything motorcycle-ish would be workable.

ideas?
the emperors will be done

Hadriel Caine

the halo minis might be a fairly good source of enforcer/ arbitrator style helmets. i have no idea where they can be found... I'm sure somebody will be along with a handy link ere long :)
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Tyrant

To start... I have not seen/played with one of these for many many years.... so I dont know if it would work....

Playmobil motorcycle/ motoX ???
AKA SquareWave

RobSkib

Playmobil is the perfect scale for Inquisitor, you might just need to re-paint the helmet to make it more suitable for the grimdark future!

In regards to the Halo figs, you can get them from play.com here

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=halo+heroic&page=search&pa=search&go.x=0&go.y=0

some of the packs aren't available til the 13th (two days from now), so it might be worth hanging on. The plastic is very bendy however, so they're easy to carve apart and stick bits too, although you'll  need to repaint them whatever you do with them, their current paint job is horrible.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

theemperorswill

halo figures look ideal for what i`m after.
thanks guys

RobSkib

The Halo figs are perfect 54mm scale, you can even clip their heads off and replace them with INQ heads;

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/RobSkib/Inquisitor/halo1.jpg
                                     +++++++

Inquisitor Cade

I recon the enforcer closed helm has the right sort of look.
*Insert token witticism*

Hadriel Caine

I'm hoping they do some ODST models tbh. they would be an incredible resource for us!
The Fall of Astraea

precinctomega

theemperorswill

ODST? tbh ? is this northern speak adam?

Radu Lykan

orbital drop shock trooper

RobSkib

Basically, Elysian Drop Troopers, but in the Halo universe.
                                     +++++++

Hadriel Caine

sorry to not be clearer!

Basically there was a new game recently called Halo 3: ODST, Orbital Drop Shock Trooper...
It was based on the same engine as Halo 3 except the characters were normal troopers not master chief.

There is a lot to suggest that there will be models made to fit in with this as they are certainly releasing Halo Wars models at the appropriate scale (see the link above).

//EDIT: tbh stands for to be honest. I try to avoid shorthands on forums but missed this one!
The Fall of Astraea

Inquisitor Cade

The ODST are to Spartans (like master chief) as stormtroopers are to space marines. They do look really cool, though in the game they are all but identical to them (in fact they are more resilient to damage than the power armoured, force fielded Spartans.
*Insert token witticism*