Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

"Gilded One" - the first truly self centred topic on the new 'Clave

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 02, 2009, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynek

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on August 11, 2009, 11:15:35 AM
But even immortal daemon princes have more conservative Sg's than this guy, who is only very very very old and experianced.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that a deamon comes from the parallell universe of the warp. Its ideas of problem solving etc. rely primarily upon rules and laws which are much different to our own universal laws, if the warp has any physical laws at all. So as a denizen of the warp, it is understandable that warp entities such as daemons wouldn't have stellar sagacity stats in the real world.

Also, bear in mind that the necrons predate daemons. It wasn't until the war in heaven that aggressive warp entities would first be spawned, and they were the first enslavers. Daemons wouldn't come until later, and chaos gods wouldn't come until later still. Therefore, as the necrons come from the necron'tyr, and we're assuming that the 'gilded one' is a necron, then he probably used to be a necron'tyr, and probably therefore predates daemonkind. Therefore, if we're comparing sheer experience, the necron would win out.

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on August 12, 2009, 12:18:21 PM
I'd query Acrobatic too.
As would I. I never would have thought of a flayed one as being something that was dainty and deft, leaping over their enemy's heads during combat and doing awesome cartwheels and backflips all over the place. It's just not in their style.

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on August 12, 2009, 10:45:49 AM
Are there any necron units in the codex that don't have we'll be back?
There are a few....Pariahs, C'tan, tomb spyders, scarabs and monoliths. All the rest can WBB.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Kaled

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on August 11, 2009, 06:06:17 PM
perhaps renamed Flensing Claws? (isn't that what the Codex calls them?)
You might be right - I didn't check so just lazily called them metal claws to go with your metal skin.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

DapperAnarchist

Acrobatic - I can't remember why that was added... its one of those things "why did I do that? Where did that come from?"... So its cut now... and yes, it probably is overblown, and will be trimmed.

Now, on the Gilded One - the Gilded One isn't really from the Codex, in the same way that an ][ Inquisitor is not the same as the super psyker power armoured bolter everything power everything else war machine in the WH and DH Codices. Its delicate (by Necron standards), something special, something unique - hence it has named equipment, a name, a title. And it is the big bad - like Quixos was, while the Daemonhosts weren't - they were weapons, tools. However - rules wise, it gets things that do not represent the rules of the Codex Lord - like true grit instead of regeneration, and the special rules for the Ka Staff, and the Ring of Ounas instead of some sort of staff shooting thing. 

The Gilded One is a Lord - so was already among the intellectual elite of the Necrons to start with (I think they were the Necrontyr Priests), and may even have been among the elite of them - a spymaster, perhaps. Now, it's a multi-million year old malicious manipulator.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!