Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Witchhunter Lok

Started by Myriad, November 16, 2009, 01:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on November 24, 2009, 07:03:47 PM
It occurs to me from looking at that model that a 40k powersword might be a good fit for a shortsword.
I used a (slightly altered) 40k powersword as a shortsword on my Jessamyn Rae model (who will be reworked at some point due to the fact I've never been happy with how she turned out).  Also, I believe Kierkegaard has successfully used 28mm marine powerswords as powerswords on some of his 54mm characters.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

kierkegaard

Well Dave, I have two models that use 40K powerswords (this guy and this woman.) I also used the Eversor's powersword on this model, and it is almost exactly the same size as the 40K one.

Dave and I have both also used the Eversor's Neuro Gauntlet on other models (my Skitarius and Dave's Magos.)

Nice work on both models by the way Myriad. I particularly like the Eversor conversion with the Bounty Hunter head.

Myriad

Thanks for the feedback.  It is indeed the sword the eversor came with, although my brother is gradually working his way through a pile of spare swords from his 40K chaos space marines.

Lok's about half painted now, but I'm a bit concerned he isn't scary enough;

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

theemperorswill

i agree. think it might be the baby blue on his coat that gives that impression?
the emperors will be done

Adlan

I would suggest some dark washes would bring down the jollity nicely.

Mske the claw dark, with maybe some bright highlights (blood mayhap) and it should be a focus of the model.

Kaled

I agree - a couple of washes on the blue, a skull (or some similar symbol) on a dark coloured loincloth, and a scary black and metallic claw with some blood on, and he should look pretty scary.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Myriad

Thanks for the tips.  Just the claw to go now, and a couple of washes has him looking a bit more sinister.

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

theemperorswill

the emperors will be done

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Myriad

Finished Lok - now even darker  :)

Adlan

thats the stuff. Very nice.

One small gripe would be the back his his neck needs darkening, but that's much more visible in photo's than it will be IRL.

Myriad

Good spot.  I hadn't noticed that white patch at all - too much work by artificial light I guess, not that there's much choice in Yorkshire at this time of year  :).

Molotov

Ah! Big pictures!

Now I can see the detail, I'm struck by the scar tissue on his face, which looks especially effective. The palette and the distribution of colours is striking, I think. He's shaping up to be a nice model!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Myriad

Thanks for the compliments guys.  Now I just need character sheets.  And to finish the other guy.  By Saturday.

I've just about finished building the mercenary now though.

Ever had a model you just kept tinkering with?  I think it's partly because I didn't have much of an idea what the model would look like to start with, just a spare eversor body, but I kept finding bits of detail to change.  I went with a tau burst cannon for the grenade launcher, partly to maintain the theme but mostly due to being able to get the parts cheaply.

Inquisitor Cade

I still like the model, but I think that huge gun detracts from the pose. It also looks very unweildy. I'd suggest trimming it down as much as possible. I'm not convinced by the autocannon ammo feed either.
That's an interesting place for a pistol, won't it fin on his waist/leg/boot?

The colours there look good.
*Insert token witticism*