Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Marco does something

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 18, 2009, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try sometime soon.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Here we go:

Not perfect - as I said, not enough of the mid-tones showing - but I'm happy.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I can never get these things to look as good on screen as they do in real life (all the flaws at fifteen times the size doesn't help), but here's my latest attempt at improving my female faces.

The shape of the top of the skull isn't done yet of course, I need to sort out the eyeballs and there's a few other imperfections I may not be able to resist trying to fix, but I'm sure you're since bored with my "Ugh, it's not good enough" routine, so I'll go now.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Some slight evidence I've been doing some INQ28...

I promised at least one 32mm sculpt, and here you have the basic frame for Inquisitrix Corvus. There's a couple of anatomical oddities to fix, but cut me a break on that one.
It's barely more than half my normal scale, and given my only attempt at a 32mm human so far was a Chaos Warrior that was meant to be about 35mm but turned into a 42mm model due to scale screep, this is really my first 32mm sculpt.

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

It looks professional, it doesn't show that this isn't your usual scale, I wonder how it will look in the end.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

MarcoSkoll

Okay, not interesting enough to comment on, I see. How about on its model then?

100 Throne Gelt to anyone who recognises the reference image this time around (offer not valid to the heretic scum I told on Skype last night).

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

It is somehow familiar but I can't quite place it. The model however looks very good. I love the hair and her clothes. The thing I think is a nose piercing is very nice as well, it really adds to her.

Draco Ferox

If I trawl your DeviantArt profile, will I find the answer? Cos, y'know, I really need some throne gelt so's I can pay off the starship my inquisitor insisted on gold-plating (I told him not to, but he wouldn't listen).

I like the model, the oultine of the knife tucked into the belt is excellent, and the hair looks..... unusual, but hey, as long as it ends up an outragous colour, I won't complain.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

greenstuff_gav

she looks great!
any chance of more views?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Draco Ferox on February 25, 2012, 09:29:28 AMIf I trawl your DeviantArt profile, will I find the answer?
No, this particular warband is based entirely on official GW or FFG art (which usually seems to result in my best sculpting work).

Hmm. I had expected someone to get it, but I guess it was rather delphic clue, particularly as the model is only half complete.

Quotethe hair looks..... unusual, but hey, as long as it ends up an outrageous colour, I won't complain.
Based on the reference image, outrageous means blonde. But, hey - at least we know they still have hair gel in the 41st millennium.

@Gav: More pictures will be on the way at some point, but I need to work out what's wrong with her arse and fix it first.
This is sort of a hybrid of trying to boost my P&M scores and working out if I think I have the skill to go semi-pro and start casting, so there's no half measures this time around.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

An incomplete continuation of Sister Kerrel (you see, she's got a name now too*):

Afraid that, despite three attempts, the front photo didn't come out very well, but this was only a quick WIP shot, so I couldn't be bothered to do it really properly.

The head piece is supposed to be vaguely reminiscent of a nun's wimple without actually directly copying one, so while it's not all that clear at this stage, there's a metallic band that holds a cloth covering over some of her hair (although some hair is visible around edges).
Added shoulder pads (of course) and some form of rebreather apparatus. The wand hand is to be converted to hold some kind of holy item - which might be the wand itself converted, or something more involved. Not sure yet.

~~~~~

*Actually, they all have at least part of their names:

Inquisitrix: Asandrea Corvus
Noble: Lord Markus Karlmunn
Twins: Cerys and Sian (I took Molotov's suggestion of Karis as a cue to go Welsh with their names), respectively the twin with the shotgun and the lasgun. Surname pending.
Famulous: Kerrel. Surname also pending.
Psyker: Epsilon-47. His true name, however, has been struck from all records and is now known only to Inquisitrix Corvus and her (encrypted) personal logs.

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

There are two central parts of any dress code in the 41st milennium. Skulls and shoulder pads.:)

I really like the thing on her head. It looks very good. The rebreather apparatus is a nice touch as well.

MarcoSkoll

Some stuff that happened while the forum was down:

Both now mostly finished, Sian...

(A little more has happened since this photo).

... and Markus...

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

They both look very good, the hair on Sian is great and the fur boots on Markus are original but fit well with the rest of the model.

MarcoSkoll

Afraid this isn't a very interesting update, but it's here anyway.

After much swearing in trying to fix her, the model above has been bisected at the waist and is having a new set of legs made. The two halves looked quite nastily out of proportion and as the torso was more work to redo, the legs drew the short straw.

As I see no-one's yet got her origin (despite the extra clue I dropped in the last post), here we go:

Mordant 303rd Sergeant & veteran of Delphic Sink.

And because I didn't have anywhere better to put it, as it's not quite ready for release yet:

The Economy Character Sheet v2 is on its way.

It takes a sharp pencil, but it's been redesigned so it can be printed twice on one side of A4*, then print any required equipment/skill/psychic descriptions on the other side, so you can fold it in half to get a little booklet with the character sheets on the outside and the rules for how the Leader skill or a Servo-Skull works on the inside.

Half the table space, twice the information. Done properly (and with a quick reference sheet on hand), it can mean the rulebook can stay under the table. Quicker, tidier play.

*But if you'd prefer it bigger, you can still have it at full A4 and just staple two sheets together.

GW's =I= articles