Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Vincent Ohl - For your judgement *long fluff at the start

Started by Sneak, December 01, 2009, 05:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Sneak on December 05, 2009, 01:45:35 AM...and Im greeted by kinetic energy and assorted velocities. Why do you all bully me so
Sorry about that. At times it's a bit hard to shut the ballistician in my head up.

Anyway, whatever you do, don't start talking about long range trajectories, or you'll really set me off. (Work recently has included low drag less lethal rounds and a subsonic projectile for punching through APC armour at long range.)

QuoteAlso I dont know if any of you have seen the kriss super V system...
The TDI Vector line is clever, but it obviously can't defeat the laws of motion. It can't reduce actual recoil energy, but it does make it easier to control that energy.

Either way, I prefer to keep things simple by having a centre of mass near the axis of the barrel, and a stock set behind the recoil. You then get straight recoil without muzzle rise issues.
It does mean that sights need to be set higher, but that's hardly the end of the world in most cases.

Anyway, I'll stop talking about firearms design now, or I'll likely start sending people into comas.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Sneak

[fascinated] See this is the sort of interesting shiz I should do with my maths degree, not like all the boring buggers that want to be bigshot bankers. Im a dynamics geek at heart :D [/fascinated]

anyway, back on topic, whatever else happens Im going to give her a nice long rifle and recoil be damned :D

Im still trying to work out what to make the poisoner woman out of, though since I have no clue what shes about she may remain a background character for a while...

Adlan

Have you looked at the Eolith line? Some models there that might be very suitable.